✦𝐓𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐚𝐫✦

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: slayfics

"Come on, just give me a chance," The demon slayer pressed further. A fellow demon slayer was pressing you to go out on a date with him.

“I'm flattered really, but I'm sorry I have to decline," You stated for the second time, beginning to feel uncomfortable now.

"I'll take you anywhere you want though!" He pleaded.

"She said no," an icy voice came from the distance as another approached. "Do you really need to hear it for the third time?" it asked.

You turned to see Muichiro who was now beside you staring daggers at the other demon slayer. If looks could kill this demon slayer would definitely be dead.

"I-I m-my ap-apologies!" The demon slayer yelped and quickly turned to run away knowing better than to quarrel with a Hashira. 

Muichiro let out a big sigh, "That's the second time this week a corp member has taken interest in you."

Your cheeks flushed at the Hashira's observation, "I suppose it is." 

"Why can't they just focus on their missions," Muichrio expressed with a flash of anger in his eyes.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to create complications on our missions," You said looking down at the floor.

"You don't need to apologize! It's them that need to keep focused on battling demons. I just wish there was a way I could help. I know how uncomfortable it makes you," Muichiro said, tilting your head to look up at him. "Please don't stare at the ground, you deserve to hold your head up high always."

"I suppose they would leave me alone if they thought I already had a boyfriend," you mused.

"Tell them that then."

"I'm a terrible liar though," you said, laughing nervously.

"So then don't lie," Muichiro said and turned his gaze to look past you, nervous to take in your expression.

"I'm sorry I don't understand?" You said tilting your head to the side and studying Muichiro’s expression. He suddenly had a nervousness to him that you hadn't seen before. It was a vast contrast to his usual stoic expression.

"Well, just don't lie when you say it... if you want.." He said, still looking past you, refusing to make eye contact. 

"Tokito- are you... asking to be my boyfriend?" You said fumbling the words on the way out. You must have been misunderstanding. There was no way the Hashira could be asking what you thought. 

Muichiro responded by nodding his head swiftly, too nervous to speak.

Overwhelmed by emotion you wrapped your arms around the Hashira, "Do you really mean that?" You asked, face buried in the warmth of his chest.

Muichiro wrapped his arms around you, squeezing you tight, "Yes, I would be honored." He spoke and you felt the words rumble in his chest. 

"The honor is mine," you said, barely fighting back tears of happiness. "Muichiro Tokito, my boyfriend... this doesn't feel real."

Muichiro gently kissed the top of your head, "Mhm, and you make sure to tell anyone who gives you a hard time again."