- 15

| Chapter Fifteen — A song by 5sos |

Eunchae smiles, fingers threading through Chaein's hair, "Once you're big like me, and your hair is even longer, we'll have so much fun decorating it. I can french braid."

"Will you put flowers in my hair?" The toddler asks.

Eunchae chuckles, "Of course, sweetie." She hums, using an elastic to tie the little bun on the top of her head in place, "Go and look in the mirror, baby, you're so beautiful."

And Chaein does, a giggling mess once she lays her eyes on the artwork, "Like a bean." She pats the top of it.

"Like a bean." Eunchae laughs.

"They're getting so big." Umji says, sat right next to Eunchae with her head against the headboard, "I don't know why it's making me so sad, y'know?"

"It's because they're a part of you," Eunchae takes Umji's hand, patting the back of her palm comfortingly, "Yes, you had the wonderful opportunity to give people a family... but that doesn't mean you have to lay back in the shadows. You're the one who gave your body up to bring them into this world, don't ever forget that sacrifice." She says, "You're aloud to love them just as much, Unnie."

"I know, I know." Umji sighs, glancing over at the twins again, "They're cute, aren't they?"

"Absolutely adorable. You did so well." Eunchae smiles when Chaein runs back over, begging her to find a bow and put it just before her bun, "Do you want pink?" She digs through Umji's desk drawer, trying to sort out through all the baby hair ties and other things.

"Blue. I want blue." Eunchae sighs at the kid's answer, hands freezing momentarily.

Jungwon's favorite color.

Nonetheless, she nods sweetly, pulling out a tiny blue bow, "Here you go. Let me see..." She cradled the little girl's head, sliding the hair accessory into place. Eunchae gasps sharply, hands flying to her face, "Oh my gosh, you look like a princess!"

Chaein gasps back, breaking out into laughs of excitement, "Do I?!" She giggles, running back over to the mirror.

"I'm hungry." Riki Junior finally speaks up, climbing up onto the bed and beginning to mess with Umji's shirt.

"You're hungry?" Umji repeats, pulling the boy into her arms, "What do you say we head down to the kitchen and make some pancakes?"

"Pancakes?" Eunchae overhears the conversation, "It's 10pm."

"It's never too late for pancakes." Umji scoffs, rolling off the bed and picking Riki up, arms under his legs as she places him on her hip, "We'll be back. Chaein, do you want to come help or stay with—"

"ChaeChae Unnie!" Chaein cuts Umji off, diving into Eunchae's lap.

"Okay then." Umji laughs, leaving the room, "We won't be long."

"Am I your favorite, sweetie?" Eunchae coos, picking Chaein up and placing her on the bed next to her, "Shh, you don't have to tell anybody. This'll be our little secret."

Chaein looks from the left to the right before leaning over, both hands cupping Eunchae's ear as she whispers, "You and sunbae."

Eunchae bites her lip, trying to hold back tears, "Yeah?" She quickly wipes under her eyes before pulling Chaein to her chest, falling back onto the mattress and holding her close, "We're your favorites, sweetheart?"

"Don't tell my Daddies." Chaein pleads.

"I won't, I won't." Eunchae holds out a pinkie, "Our little secret?"