- 65

| Chapter Sixty - Five — Run, Joey |

Mingyu runs down the hall with a busted lower lip and a grazed thigh wound.

It doesn't hurt. None of it does. Fuck, nothing even stings because Mingyu's so used to being beat.

He has no idea how many people he's killed so far. He's probably outnumbered the devil's death count and he's serious when he says he truly means it.

And just as he rounds the corner, he bumps into somebody. He hissed through his teeth, grabbing the guy by the collar of his shirt, threatening to shoot before—

"Fuck, Seokmin!" Mingyu puts the poor boy down, "Be careful."

"You're giving me advice when you look like that?" The boy snorts, throwing a couple gunshot shells down onto the floor as he reloads his weapon.

Mingyu ignores him, "Where's everyone else?"

And as if on cue, Seungkwan, Junhui, Chan, and Hansol are running down the hallway. They look just as fine as Seokmin and it's honestly a bit distasteful.

"Do you guys even have a scratch?" Mingyu massages his sore lip.

"They didn't really chase us." Seungkwan shrugs, still rubbing his throat because goddamn Yuqi squeezes it well.

"That never meant stop running though." Junhui adds.

"Good deal." Mingyu says.

"What do we do, Mingyu hyung?" Chan asks, pushing his damp hair away from his eyes, "We don't have an idea. Everything we ever did plan was for Gyeonggi."

Mingyu swallows, "I..." He stumbles over what to say, "I don't... know?"

Seungkwan blinks, "Are you asking us?"

"Shut up." Junhui stops on the younger's foot, hearing him yelp.

"Look, my best idea for right now is that we just keep taking them out in here. Soonyoung's got the guys at the top." Mingyu juts his head up to the ceiling.

"Does he need help?" Junhui asks, breath slightly hitched.

"Unless you can fly and come with machine guns attached to your ass then I think there's nothing you can do." Mingyu replies.

"He farts like he has machine guns in his ass." Seungkwan snorts.

"Only when I eat your pastries."

"That's too far!"

"That strawberry jam gave me diarrhea!"

"It was raspberry!"

"Then that's probably why!"

"Then why would that—"

"I'm allergic to raspberries!"

"Who in their God given Mother is allergic to raspberries?!"

Mingyu rolls his eyes, "Follow me..." And then he's pushing past them, everyone, including a bickering Seungkwan and Junhui trailing behind him like ducklings.

This was insane.

Annoying, yet insane.

"Where are we going?"