- 18

| Chapter Eighteen — Chill Kill |
| 📍Chicago, Illinois |

"Y-Yah!" Gunwook had been the second one to find Umji's body, shaking her harshly and crying like he never has before, "Noona!" He shouts, trembling hands hovering over her gunshots wounds in horror.

"Oppa!" It was Eunchae.

Nonetheless, Gunwook whips his head around, immediately catching Riki Junior as Eunchae quite literally tosses him over. The kid lands in Gunwook's arms just as another gunshot rings through the air.

Gunwook doesn't realize it had actually happened until he sees Eunchae hit the floor.

"Eunchae!" This was too much. A crying kid in his arms and a lifeless Umji next to him, he couldn't take the sight of—

"I'm okay." Eunchae says hurriedly, a bit dizzy, "It missed me." She scrambles over, clocking her gun and taking a deep breath. She covers Riki Junior's eyes, shielding both Gunwook and the kid from the clack of heels and the eery laugh that soon rounds the corner.

"Wow, you're good." It was Minnie, but Eunchae and Gunwook didn't know that, "It's too bad I'm better."

Eunchae and Gunwook cringe in fright as soon as Minnie's aiming her gun, not caring a dime that there was in fact a child in their arms. She looked downright evil.

But just before she could pull the trigger...

"Don't." A hand is gripping the muzzle before a bullet can fly out of it, just like the very voice of it all grips both Eunchae and Gunwook's attention, even Riki Junior's.

"Sunbae!" Riki coos, throwing his arms out.

Jungwon doesn't bat an eye, staring at the 3 of them like he's never seen them before.

He looks so.... different.

Not appearance wise, more-so... emotional.

"Leave them be." Jungwon says.

Minnie tears her arm away, staring at the boy sternly, "I fucking told you we all came here for revenge."

"I know." Jungwon says, completely ignoring Riki Junior calling out for him, as well as Eunchae and Gunwook's shocked faces that he hasn't said a thing about Umji's lifeless body, "But if you really want them to suffer... we have to scare them a bit."

"Jungwon-ah, what the hell?!" Gunwook shouts at his words.

Minnie grips her gun harder, jaw clenched, "It's a bit hard to hold myself back when these fuckers have such big mouths, y'know?"

Jungwon laughs, "Of course." He says. And it's scary. His face has gone completely solid.

"Jungwonie, what are you doing? Where have you been?" Eunchae and Gunwook's frequent questions fly in one ear out the other, unbeknownst to who Jungwon used to be, "It's been a goddamn year!"

"Who is that?" Gunwook asks, "Who are you?" He asks Minnie.

Eunchae just stares at the woman, stares at the diamond tattoo decorating her collarbone. Her eyes fly beyond any type of wide, heart pounding in her chest.

"Just leave us alone, I'm begging you." Gunwook pleads, not catching Eunchae's sudden fright, "There's children here." He squeezes Riki Junior tighter.

Minnie rolls her eyes, pointing her muzzle to the ground, "You wanna bail?" She asks Jungwon.

It's like they were just talking to each other, acting like the 3 of them on the floor were just balls of nothing that didn't exist.