- 67 (FINAL CHAPTER)

| Chapter Sixty - Seven |
| FINAL CHAPTER |
|📍Tokyo Supreme Court |

| 7 months later |

"We, Tokyo, Japan make history this fine day." A clear of the throat, "Former criminal Xu Minghao is finally found after escaping a guided mental facility back in Seoul, Gyeonggi, Korea." The judge says into the microphone, nodding, "Today, we hold his case. With Korea's granted request of the missing subjects reported down in Gyeonggi, we hold them all as witnesses this morning."

A pause.

"Please bring out the defendant."

And then he's walking out, the horrible shade of orange cascading down Minghao's body and it's not a good sight to see.

Mingyu cringes from the back of the courtroom, having to look away.

Minghao sits down at the desk, cuffs rattling against the mahogany.

The judge nods, stacking some papers, "And now, for the second defendant?"

Another beat of silence before somebody is stepping inside, eventually having a seat right next to Minghao.

It's so quiet in here.

"Today we gather inside this courtroom to go through the last 4 years worth of criminal charges. I quote," The judge begins, "2 counts of 1st degree murder, aggravated assault, 2 counts of 2nd degree murder whilst on Prison Grounds, 3 counts of 1st degree murder, disappearance of a wanted convict, kidnapping, and finally, arson." The judge has to take a breather after finishing. The man places the paper back down, staring at the 2 people in orange before the courtroom.

"Song Yuqi, how do you plead?"

Yuqi rises to her feet, inhaling with closed eyes. She opens them soon enough, ready to accept anything.

"Guilty."

The judge nods, "Have a seat." And she does, "Xu Minghao?" And he's standing now, "How do you plead?"

The corner of Minghao's mouth tips up into a smirk, and he looks down at a defeated Yuqi, "Not guilty."

"Alright, have a seat."

Minghao sits down, getting comfortable.

"Let's start from the day defendant Xu Minghao's parents' homicide." The judge says, "And Mr.Xu, you plead non-guilty."

"I do, your Honor." Minghao nods.

"Understood. And Mrs.Song," The judge looks at her, hands interlaced on his stand, "You pled guilty. Does that mean that you admit to the murder of Xu's parents before the courtroom this morning?"

Yuqi swallows, "I do."

Minghao presses his lips together to hold back a smile.

"Very well," The judge nods, "And as shown before the court today, we have video footage of the 2 counts of 2nd degree murder on Prison Grounds committed by Xu... The jury has concluded that the actions were in pure self defense because of intense attempted sexual assault."

The courtroom gasps. Minghao crosses his legs under the table, nodding.

"Defendant Song Yuqi," The judge states, asking her to stand. She does, "The night of the fire, besides the Prison murders, you stated that you committed every crime I've just listed. Is that correct?"

"It... is, your honor." Yuqi says, and the courtroom erupts into a fit of conversation, the 'news' unbelievable.

"Order, order." The judge exclaims, slamming his gavel.