- 55

| Chapter Fifty - Five — New faces |
| 📍Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea |

A psych ward.

A fucking psych ward.

Minghao feels like a doll, one that's being played with constantly against it's will, getting thrown around absolutely helplessly because it can't fucking move, can't fucking understand a thing that's going on.

They did a test on him, multiple actually.

It started with a polygraph test, one to determine if he was lying about everything and saying Minghao was frightened out of his mind when he was told he failed it was the biggest understatement.

Then, it started with a brain exam.

Everybody... officers, doctors, and specialists all concluded that Minghao had lost his mind, that he had killed so many people to the point where he didn't know how to function as a human being.

It hurt.

It fucking hurt because Minghao wasn't crazy. Not in the slightest.

He just didn't know. He's just confused.

He's heartbroken that nobody believes him, devastated that his best friends in the whole world have disappeared to God knows where and he's left here in Korea, forced to face all of this alone, helpless in the dark because nobody's here to defend him.

These four white walls forming his room glared at him. He could practically hear their laughs.

He was helpless.

He couldn't do anything now that he was locked in here, wasn't sure if he could do anything even if he wasn't.

He was just that deep in.

Xu Minghao was a criminal, and Xu Minghao didn't even know why. 

They won't tell him what he did, just mention here and there that he's taken way too many innocent lives but Minghao knows that's not true. He's only ever taken bad ones.

He's an officer, one that's sworn to protect, not hurt.

Minghao's sitting in this rock hard bed now, back against the headboard while his legs are pressed up against his chest.

He shivers, shaking as he hugs himself tighter, lip wobbling because he's so scared.

He's so fucking scared.

He just wanted to know what was going on, he just wanted to stop being left in the dark.

He wants Junhui. He wants Soonyoung. He wants his friends to come barging through that entryway to his rescue and defend him like they always did.

But they're not here.

Nobody is.

Joshua, Jeonghan, Seungkwan, Chan, and the others...

Not even Mingyu. Fuck, he barely knew the man but at least he was interested in him enough to maybe be on his side.

But yet, nobody was there for him. And why?

He's even more scared for them, terrified that they could possibly be dead in a ditch somewhere, bodies scattered separately or even all together in symphony.

Or maybe they just left.

Maybe they finally took the chance to get away from Minghao... maybe they finally chose to abandon him, something they should've done long after Minghao went crazy after the death of his parents.