-59

| Chapter Fifty - Nine — Hold her |

Morning comes too soon.

The Sun's not even up, and the clock reads 4am because Mingyu can do anything but continue to sleep. He wakes everybody up quickly, telling them to suit up earlier because he can't stand just lying in his bed knowing what Minghao might be going through.

Chaewon wakes alongside Wonbin, staying up with him even though he tells her to go back to sleep.

Riki and Eunchae don't seem as tired, almost seeming as if they'd been awake all night as they walk down the hall, clipping their vests in place before throwing on jackets.

They're ready.

Yuqi stands with them as well, accompanied by her son because if he's woken up in the middle of the night, it'd be a miracle if he went back to sleep, even on a normal day.

Jimin and Jungkook keep their distance, all whilst accepting a couple extra vests and filling Mingyu in on a little more information.

"I'm gonna say goodbye to Wonie." Jay swallows, turning on his heel and quite literally bolting down the hall.

"I'll keep Wonie company after you guys go. God knows he won't be able to fall asleep after." Chaewon says, a soft smile on her face as she forces herself to pull away from Wonbin's body after hugging him as tight as a koala would a tree, "He worries too much."

"Aren't you tired?"

Chaewon chuckles, shrugging in defeat, "I worry too much."

Wonbin gives her a little smile, scratching at her hair, "Hey, I saw you and Yuqi sunbae slip into the infirmary before we went to bed last night." Chaewon quite literally freezes as Wonbin says this, ridged, "Are you sick? Do you feel okay? What's happened?"

Chaewon coughs, holding onto the wall, "It was nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Girl problems." Chaewon laughs.

"Girl problems?" Wonbin repeats, scratching his head in confusion.

"Bin-ah," Chaewon pats his shoulder, trailing up a hand to push his hair away from his eyes, "Girl problems."

"Oh..." Wonbin nods like he understands. Chaewon knows he really doesn't.. that is until his eyes widen and he clears his throat awkwardly, "Ohhhh—"

"Yeah." She pulls him into another hug to shut him up, "I'm fine."

Wonbin snorts, cheeks tinting pink at the awkwardness, "You sure you don't want me to stay?" He asks.

"I'll be okay." Chaewon sighs, pulling him into a hug again, "I promise."

"Yeah?" Wonbin pushes her back, nudging her chin.

"Gross." Shotaro crosses his arms, scaring both of them as he just appears.

"Yah," Chaewon frowns almost immediately, lunging at the boy. She hugs him tightly, arms thrown around his neck and it catches Shotaro so off guard he almost chokes, "I'm so sorry, Taro." Her lip wobbles, "So sorry."

"Wha— Are you crying?" Shotaro pouts, not leaving the embrace but tugging back just enough to see her tears bouncing off the dim light, "Chaewon, what—"

"You're so emotional, baby." Wonbin chuckles, wiping underneath her eyes and she still looks so beautiful.

"Yeah, what the hell is going on?" Shotaro feels like he can finally breathe when Chaewon lets him go.