Chapter 43: The Waiting Game

*Wanda's POV*

I was surprised that everyone stopped by our house to wait to hear about Y/n. It was probably way easier to hear it all together. The group always stuck together when things like this happened especially when it came to Y/n. I wished she could see that they are her family too.

"Here you go." I hand some clean clothes to Jane. She looks down at her gown as there's blood all over.

"I can take that for you." I offered. She takes off her gown and hands it over to me.

"Thank you." She whispered as she handed it.

"I'm not too sure if the stains will come off or not..."

"It's fine. It's just a gown. It can be trashed."

I press my lips together and look at her gown since Y/n had lost so much blood. She can't ever catch a break. I walk out and my mother is making dinner with Natasha and Carol helping her.

"Did you guys need any more hands?" I offered.

"Oh sweetheart, can you grab the plastic plates and silverware and just set it all out. Everyone can just come and grab." My mother said still concentrating on the food.

The boys were in the living room talking and I see them flip the TV on to the news which turns all of our heads.

"...they are calling it a terrorist attack on Y/N Nash tonight at the young entrepreneur's graduation. Agents are working on finding the group that is responsible and hope to bring them in soon. Nash was rushed to the hospital and we will be waiting soon to hear about her conditions."

"Can you please turn that off?" I said as Tony flipped the switch. Jane comes out of my room after cleaning up.

"Well. I hope you all are hungry and if you aren't, please still eat." My mother said to everyone. My brother goes to find the extra chairs and set them around the table. The table was silent as we all ate. We were all hoping someone's phone will ring to share something, but absolutely nothing.

My mother clears her throat as we all eat in silence. "She will be okay."

"When will it stop?" Jane asked which got everyone's attention.

"When will what stop honey?" My mother questioned.

"I've seen the articles on this town of her family. It's either she joins the group or eventually they'll keep torturing her until she's had enough."

"Y/n's not going to give up the company because she believes that we can stop them." My mother said.

"She should just sell it and live her life." Tony blurted out. "Y/n shouldn't always have to be looking over her shoulders constantly."

"Yes, it's a suggestion. But Y/n doesn't want any of the younger folks to grow up around this stuff. Which is why she's not willing to do it until we can track William Fisk down." My mother said sighing to herself.

"She's so stubborn." I whispered out loud.

Natasha and Carol snicker at my comment, "that we know for sure. You know, she's so stubborn that one time, I asked for help on homework and she refused to give me her answers." Carol said enlightening the mood.