[04] - can't deny the chemistry

MIKA
𖤐 ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ˚ 。 . ⋆ 𖤐

Most people believe the hardest part of being in the modelling industry, is to stay in the shape they want us to be.

To me, is dealing with the people in it. Besides my clear aversion for getting to know new people, usually the ones around aren't exactly the best of influences.

This industry is filled with competition, jealousy, hate and second intentions. Everyone is always after something and if comes to the point where it's you or them, believe me, there's none of that 'one for all and all for one' crap.

You're probably wondering how did I end up becoming friends with Rina, then. Unlike the rest of my friends, I didn't met her through my group.

Instead, she was actually one of the people I met when I first started my model career. We were both kinda in the same situation, but for different reasons.

For the following years after we'd see each other here and then, until not long ago she finally fully moved to New York.

"Two mojitos" Rina tells the waiter, then turns to me and glances around briefly, "Watch this about to become models next hanging spot"

"Wouldn't doubt it" I agree.

"Especially after the merge, something tells me a lot will need strong drinks." she gives me a look, but I find myself frowning in confusion.

My brows furrow, "What merge?"

"You haven't heard?" Rina's surprised makes me wonder if I'm that anti socialising with the other people in the industry, "Elite and IMG are on the verge of uniting, 'mutual benefiting agreement' as they put it"

"Might not make much difference though, we're always running against Elite's models." I shrug, because truth be told, at the end of the day, it's all basically the same with these model agencies.

Rina presses her lips together, "I don't know, they might need to make some cuts on the people they've hired"

"Guess we're fucked then." I sigh.

She nods in agreement as we take hold of our drinks and take significant sips, tasting the delicious flavour. Perhaps shouldn't be drinking, but we all need it here and then. Besides it's after 5pm already.

My mind travels back to Rina's words and I let them sink in for a moment. Elite has been the biggest model agency for the last decade, with its high level of difficulty to apply to.

They're very strict about their models and, more than that, they have a deep favoritism for those who've worked there longer. Best example is no one other than- you can guess it- Alexander Lane.

He started modeling as a young kid and since then never stopped. Never exchanged model agencies either. Which I question why, while Elite is rather successful it's also extremely problematic.

That company has had so many dramas I can't even count. Every month is someone new trying to sue them. Somehow, they're able to keep it low key, but inside the industry rumors fly around faster than the flash.

"Benjamin Lee at a rooftop, that's a new one" my thoughts are broken away by Rina's voice.

"Not here willingly, I'm doing a shoot." Benji's shoulders tense and jaw slacks as he adds, "At least, was, until the model decided to get drunk instead."