[19] - nothing will be the same

MIKA
𖤐 ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ˚ 。 . ⋆ 𖤐

"Mika, dear?" my grandma knocks on the door.

When she doesn't get a answer right away, as I'm still slowly waking up, she knocks once more. I groan but my annoyance quickly fades and it's replaced by red alerts ringing in my head.

She can't see Lane on the damn floor.

Glancing at where he lays sleeping, I try to call his name but it goes as pointless since he doesn't move in the slightest.

For fuck's sake, fucking dickhead.

"Can we come in?" gran knocks again.

"Uh, gives us just a second!" I answer.

My head snaps back to the sleeping beauty and I call his name a little louder this time. He still doesn't wake up so I quit being a decent person and instead grab the glass of water in my nightstand.

I splash it in his face and, finally, his eyes spread open while he starts coughing. Sorry not sorry. His brows furrow in confusion, only to relax when his gaze finds mine.

"Good morning to you too, angel" he grins.

I just threw cold water on him and he's still nice?!

"Get in the bed, now!" I whisper-shout.

Lane's gaze darkens, "Careful, Red, saying things like that to me will get me with ideas" he looks up to me with both hands behind his head.

"Shut up and get in here" I roll my eyes.

"Talk dirty to me" he smirks.

Ignoring his comment and the stupid smug on his face, I push the mattress forward, so it looks like two people have been sleeping here. Then, grab the pillow he was using and put it next to mine.

Waving my hand at him, I pat the other on the sheets as to tell him to take the empty spot. He's still a little disoriented and staring at me weird but I don't stop to explain just yet.

"Mika is everything okay?" it's mom who asks now.

Mina and Lane's eyes fly to one another, widening significantly as he finally understands why I'm being like this. He jumps to the bed and pulls the covers over him.

"Yes, you can come in now" I say back.

As the words escape my mouth, I feel a hand make it's way to my waist and pull me closer against a hard chest. I force myself not to glance at Xander, even though all I can think about is the proximity between us.

Mom and granny burst through the door, tray in hand with what looks like a delicious breakfast. Okay, that's weird. It might look like a sweet gesture, which from my grandma I'd believe, but mom too? Something isn't right here.

"Aw, look at these two love birds!" gran beams, smiling from eye to eye at us.

We return the expression, though ours are mostly fake, and Xander kisses the top of my head. Still on my waist, his thumb rubs against my bare skin so softly I don't think he even realizes he's doing it.