[20] - let's give them a show

MIKA
𖤐 ˖ ˚ . 𖤐

Some people love the beach.

Others prefer going to the pool and, then, there's me, a born lover of lakes and rivers. No people, more nature and the smell of pure fresh air.

Since me and my siblings were only babies, my grandparents would choose the holiday's destination with only one criteria. It has to be close to one of the two. No beaches and definitely no pools.

Maybe I won't get the tan every girl wishes for, or crush over some hot guys I will probably never talk to in my life, like I would at a beach. But I will take the relaxing ambience I'm embraced by instead, any day.

So as we drop our things on the sprayed towels, my toes dig into the cold sand and a smile erupts from my lips. The sparkling water reflects the rays of sunshine, leading a calm tide onto the waterfall by the edge.

It's so pretty it'd be photo worthy. Most people like to keep their Instagram on check, but I'm more of a Pinterest girl. I could spend hours and hours scrolling down the app, making boards inspired by the romanticism of life.

I have at least one for those I care about. Dev is the only with two, because he demanded we had one with photos that portrait our friendship at its most bare essence.

Then, Rowan's is basically just random phrases I end up finding that I just know he'd say, word for word. Dad jokes, Twenty One Pilots' lyrics, dumb yet somehow funny memes, etc.

Benji is the most aesthetically pleasing one, which makes sense since the man himself is the embodiment of beauty. It's almost ironic that he ended up being a photographer, in my eyes he'd be the perfect muse.

Lastly, there's Rina, whose board I share with her since it become more of a 'things we want to *and will* do in the future'. Now it's filled with planned trips to every corner of the planet and every meal we need to have in each place.

Of course, I'd be lying if I told you I don't have one more. But that one is for my eyes only. A trade of book quotes from the best book boyfriends. After all, who's got better lines than men written by women?

"Mika come and join us!" my gaze snaps at the sound of my sister's voice.

"Yeah, sweetie, don't just stand there! The boys will prepare the hammock set for you" gran waves her hand, calling me to sit with them on the towel.

"The princess needs her royal bed" Rowan mocks behind me, rolling his eyes as he pats Xander shoulders, "Cmon bro, let me teach you how it's done"

"Ignore him, sweetie, if he was a reader he would know that it's a completely different experience" gran shoots me a wink, "Are you swoon by any particular one lately?"

"I'm currently rereading The Hunger Games series so nothing new exactly, but I'm trying to get more into fantasy" books have always been our thing, mine and my grandma's.

"Aren't there movies of that, why read the books? They're so long and make my head ache" Lydia scrunches her nose.

My mom chuckles, "I couldn't agree more"