[06] - i see what's happening here

a/n: i said games night in the last chapter but lets make it movie night, oopsie

MIKA
𖤐 ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ˚ 。 . ⋆ 𖤐

"Whose house are we invading?" Rina asks.

"My brother's, though i wouldn't exactly call it a house since it often looks more like a jungle." I swear I wonder how do we share blood sometimes.

Every time I walk into that place is liking stepping in a alternative universe. While we're similar in many ways, we're also very different. Starting with his bubbly personality and my total opposite one. Then our apartments. His could really use some cleaning.

"Your parents must be packing if both of you get to have full apartments at this age" she whistles, glancing around the street I've parked in.

I shrug, "I got mine with modeling money and a few shifts at a local coffee shop, while Rowan is just really good at making deals. I tend to avoid asking."

"Maybe he's in the mafia" Rina wiggles her brows.

"He'd have accidentally shot himself already if that was the case." I snort at the disaster that would be, before adding "Besides, I'm pretty sure it was Xander's aunt who got him the deal."

"You think she can get me one too? Finding affordable apartments around here is fucking hard" she sighs, shaking her head as I park the car.

"Depends on how in a rush you are for it, I'm pretty sure she left for vacation with her husband and younger sons" I press my lips together.

She lays her head back, "That sucks"

"Well," I start, closing the car's door, "I might know someone who is looking for a roommate, if you're okay with sharing"

"Right now, anything works for me" she assures.

"Great," I try to bite back a smile, "It's Devon"

Her face drops, "I take back what I said."

Shaking my head, I contain my laugh as we step into the elevator and I press the last floor's button. I can't help but find hilarious her aversion with Riggs.

From the moment I met him, I've not once seen someone dislike him. He's just one of those overall likable people, you know. Who's nice, fun, but at the same time not a jerk.

So, Rina animosity with him it's way too fun to ask. Even more seeing that they're both important people in my life. She's basically the only female friend I have and he's, well, who helped get through with all of high school and the first year of college.

That of course until he decided that New Jersey was better. All that place gave him was more tattoos and hangovers. Which I can only argue with the latter, the consequence of drinking too much is way too harsh sometimes.

Anyway, once we reach the door for my brother's apartment I extend my hand to the doorbell and let it ring a few times. Usually he only answers at the third.

Finally, it opens, "Hello, ladies"

"Ugh, you." I roll my eyes at the sight of Lane.