[48] - you're losing me

MIKA
𖤐 ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ˚ 。 . ⋆ 𖤐

I was never so fast to get on a cab.

My heart is racing as I pieced through the elevator half-opened doors, rushing through the long hall of my apartment's floor.

As I reach my door, I'm out of breath, but it's worth it. At least it will be once I step inside and tell Xander the news.

I knock once, twice, even a third time. For a moment I let out a low hiss, feeling like I'm too freaked. Calm yourself down, i tell myself. But nothing works.

The rectangle door bursts open and my shoulders drop, the lazy smile in my lips grows and im pretty sure my eyes would be shinning if someone took a picture right now.

"Hey," Lane grins, reaching for my hand.

"Hi," I feel like a high school kid.

He pulls me closer, "I prepared us something."

"You did?" my brows rise and my heart melts, he doesn't even know what happened today and he's already making it ten times better, "Oh wow, it smells amazing."

"That might be you," he winks.

Feeling my cheeks reddening I gently shove him away and allow myself to peek into his living room. There's candles everywhere- like a scene coming out of a damn movie- and two bolognese plates placed on the small table in front of the TV.

When did he have time to do all of this?

I'm not complaining though, everything is better than I could even imagine. I have no idea what I've done to deserve the wave of luck I've been hit with but, please, do continue.

"I'd ask how your day was but seeing all of this, you must be tired" I tilt my head to the side, meeting is gaze as he sneaks up on me from behind and wraps his hands around my waist.

His chin rests on the blade of my shoulder and I rest my head back, feeling his beating heart on his chest. Meanwhile mine is about to explode.

"Not tired at all" he kisses my cheek, flashing me his signature sunshine grin, "And my day was pretty good actually, I, um, got something to tell you"

"Guess that makes us two of us, I have some news as well," I confess, wanting more than anything to blurt out the words.

"Hold it just a little longer for me while I grab us a glass of champagne, I think this will both be things to celebrate then," Lane quickly fades from the embrace and a cold breeze brushes me.

I watch him rush back to the kitchen and grab two glasses, his body almost movie-like free, wandering around like music is playing on the back and his having the best time of his life.

He moves past me, making me spin on my feet so I can keep my gaze on him. He places the two glasses on the all prepared table, calling me with his hand so I join him.

My teeth grip onto my bottom lip as I reach up to him, putting my hands on his as he lifts our linked arms before pulling me closer.

For a few moments Lane doesn't say anything, instead he just stares right into my eyes with the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face.