Epilogue

a few months later

XANDER
𖤐 ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ˚ 。 . ⋆ 𖤐

A chapter of my life is finished.

After months of coming up with proof and everything else we were finally able to put the man, that tormented my life for the last few years, behind bars. And what can I tell you? The Rosevelt siblings really are the miracle of my life.

The slightly taller one, yet shorter than me- don't tell him I said that, he gets sensitive- didn't only bless me with his friendship but he also saves me from being the dumbest in the room.

The youth calls it partners in crime these days but I don't know, man, me and Rowan doing illegal shit together could be catastrophic.

In everything else? The legal side of things? He's the first person I want there with me. And before you all come at me, Mika isn't even put up to the question.

She's not even about wanting her next to me. I physically and emotionally need it or else I might as well not live at all. Besides, I don't just want her in an ilegal or legal side, I want her in all sides, including the other one, aka the after life.

I wouldn't mind having her on her sides either, but that's a thought for the inappropriate box. Lunch with my parents is not when I should be thinking about that.

To be honest, I don't even know how we got here. It started with them wanting to meet Mika in person and somehow it ended on all my friends tagging along.

I don't mind it, im happy to have all the people I care about with me. Doing the most normal thing as eat in a fancy restaurant where people are always side eyeing us for laughing too loud.

Can't help but feel pity for them. Do they not have a Devon to come up with all types of stupid jokes? Or a Rowan who will put a smile on everyone's faces? A Rina to keep them in check, a Benji to be the voice of reason and a Mika to-

Well that one I'd like to keep to myself, actually. She's too good for all these fuckers anyway. Me included but, hey, her brother successfully infected her with his delusion and now she wants me for a reason only god knows. I'm not complaining.

In fact, she might think I was joking, but when this woman asked me to be her boyfriend- very modern of her by the way- and I told her i preferred husband, I wasn't lying.

I've been obsessed with this woman ever since I met her, dating was the last thing on my mind whenever I was with her. From the moment she gave into the chemistry we do desperately have, I knew right then she'd be the mother of my children.

A glance at her tells me all I need to know but the way she treats everyone around her confirms just how good of a mother she will be. Thank god, that gives me some liberty to be the fun parent.

I can already imagine and yet I know deep in my heart with will be even better than anything I can come up with in my mind. A big house, kids running around, me chasing after them while Mika watches her with a shake of her head but a smile on her lips.

"Penny for your thoughts?" her voice snaps me back to reality, her brows slightly raised expectantly.

"You should know by now that I'm always thinking about you, my angel," I smirk, wrapping an arm around her waist and leaving a kiss on her cheek.