[13] - you're my idol

MIKA
𖤐 ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ˚ 。 . ⋆ 𖤐

"If it all goes down the hill, at least we're together"

I blink at my brother, "That's hell for me"

He sighs with an eye roll but quickly recovers to his unbothered persona and knocks on the door. I look around and the first thought that comes to my mind is that these people could not find a more hidden in the woods house.

It's not too far from the city but it's still kinda of in the middle of nowhere. Like an in between the city and complete forest, you know? Probably not, this is the type of shit you only see in movies.

Definitely my aunt who chose, I'd even bet. She's that person in the family that likes to be different. Very updated to the modern ways, very environment friendly, all for peace and love.

"My favourite nephews!" Aunt Diane beams.

"We are your only nephews" i point out.

"Thank god, imagine having to deal with more children" she grimaces like it's her own worst nightmare, then finally notices the new face with a loud gasp, "You must be Alexander!"

"Please, call me Xander" he smiles.

"And you call me Diane or Auntie, whatever you feel more comfortable with" she shoots him a wink right before turning to be and raising a brow, "I don't remember letting you to leave our single ladies club this early, young woman"

"Feelings lonely, Auntie? Getting a life would very much help with that" i remark and we both chuckle at each other.

"Good one" Aunt Diane gives me the props.

"Hey, ladies, I'm lacking attention over here" Rowan waves around and we both roll our eyes at him.

"The only thing you're missing is patience," the older woman corrects, followed by a quick sniff at my brother "And a new perfume"

Rowan gasps offended, "I smell amazingly!"

"You smell like your cousin" she shakes her head.

"I'm throwing it in the trash" Ro rushes in horror.

"Man, your Aunt is about to be my new bestie" Xander squeezes my brother's shoulders, shaking his whole body as he lets out a laugh.

Finally we get ourselves inside where everything is a big mess. My mom and dad are by the kitchen talking with Uncle Sam, the younger ones are all by the living room watching TV and my grandparents...honestly, I have no idea what they're doing by the balcony.

While my family is not too bad, I'd say I'm definitely closest with Aunt Diane and her oldest son, Dex. Then I've always enjoyed spending time with grandma and grandpa, they're kids in older people bodies. Literally.

That's probably where most of Rowan's genes came from, certainly. I swear, they often have more energy then I do. Not that it's too hard, but still they're supposed to be old practically-non-moving people.

"There you are!" my mom approaches us as soon as her gaze lands on the three of us, "Lydia is only arriving by dinner time so until then you can use the time to unpack"