[45] - goodbye goobye

MIKA
𖤐 ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ˚ 。 . ⋆ 𖤐

I've never been a fan of goodbyes.

I much rather tell I will see you soon even if our next meet up is pointed to three months forward. It eases my mind, knowing it's not a end of something, of that temporary happiness.

The last few days I got to meet new people who felt like one whole group. A small family that, no matter how much time it spends apart, always comes back stronger.

So, when I wake up and hear lazy voices in Xaden's kitchen, I feel a light pain in the gut. Soon life will return back to normal and this little bubble that feels like pure dream will burst.

I'm not ready yet.

While I didn't get to create such bound with his cousin, Knox- who has bigger walls around him than three buildings together- I do consider a chance of a friendship with Blake.

Perhaps she wouldn't call it exactly that, seeing that she seems selective with her affections as well, but we're both more on the quiet side. At least when many are around and I like to think of that as a similarity between the two of us.

I also ended finding out that Blake is actually Blake Langford and my world nearly crumbled. As in, daughter of modeling management royalty. I'm still a bit mind blown by it.

Now it makes a lot more sense why I felt like she was so familiar. A part me of me did hope she was my long time lost friend, but this is just a good.

Well, partly, since it didn't really go as planned when I talked about it with Lane. He knows just as well as me how much everyone always wonders what is left of the Langford's legacy. And boom, she's right there.

Unfortunately, he didn't seem to share my excitement. At all. Lane is considered an overall loosened up person, yet I never saw him more serious than when we discussed the matter.

He told me he understood that it boiling information and that I probably had a lot of questions- which I can't deny, I did- but I had to keep them to myself.

When I asked him why was that he simply sighed and told me that, like everything else in life, there's always two sides of a story. Bringing up Blake's parents to her was out of the question.

He didn't explain further, in fact, I could see his jaw working so he was sure he was being careful on what he was letting out. At first I felt...hurt, because he was clearly hiding something from me, but quickly I realised that it's not his business to be revealing.

The first conversation I had with Blake quickly came back to my mind, how she said that she didn't really like New York. Ironic, since it was where her parents looked most happy.

I accepted that I'd just have to live knowing the information but not speaking of it, though it felt weird to stand before Blake and pretend I wasn't aware of it.

By the way she eyed me she knew I knew on the spot and since then I haven't known exactly what to say. It's idiotic and I need to drop it, respect her wishes and move on.

"Angel?" a knock on the door interrupts my thoughts.

"Give me a minute."