[27] - the tension is palpable

MIKA
𖤐 ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ˚ 。 . ⋆ 𖤐

"Well damn." Rina whistles.

Since we've been back I've done two things: slept my ass off and told my blonde friend everything that happened over the last week.

As Rowan and Lane spent almost the whole ride singing together and laughing at the dumbest things that only in their own little world are funny, I took the chance to give some thought at the situation I've found myself in.

Telling people and who was one of the topics I had to go over. Devon was a immeasurable big no (don't tell him that) because the dude has the biggest mouth I've ever seen. Benji couldn't care less, in fact, I'm pretty sure he'd rather not know.

Which left me with Rina. Knowing her, she wouldn't hold a grudge if I choose to not tell her, but the truth is I needed to let it off my chest. Besides, she's a no bullshitting type of girl, meaning she will be honest with her opinion on it.

"I can't even stand the guy, how did I let this happen, or more important why?!" I hit my head on the table, twice, trying to get an answer to pop out.

"For starters, the guy's hot." she points out, drinking from her iced coffee, with a lip shrug, "And then, he ignites in you what no else can."

"Yeah, what's that?" I quirk a brow.

"The unmatched tension that comes with feeling so furiously for someone." and here I thought I was the one hitting with my head.

"I don't feel furiously for Lane, in any way." I argue.

"You're not indifferent about him either." she points out, skipping through the pages of the magazine in her hands.

I groan loudly, "All of this for a one time thing."

Rina hums, or something around that, causing me to peek an eye at her, way too well aware of what that reaction means. She doesn't believe me one bit.

"You don't actually think-"

"I do." she finally puts the magazine down, following with taking off her sunglasses and staring straight at me, "You're both young, adults, clearly have chemistry and physical attraction. It's an easy and safe option. A worthy one too."

"I'm starting to regret leaving you here alone with Devon, he's totally gotten into your head." I purse my lips.

"Excuses excuses for the simple truth you don't want to hear or accept." she tsks at me, scrunching her nose as if she only now took in my words, "And to be clear, I spent most of my time with Benji."

I arch a brow just to play, "Don't believe you."

"You should, I don't lie." she shrugs.

"Really? Cause I'm my own experience of sharing an apartment someone else, you usually see the other person quite a lot." shooting her a knowing grin I see her face drop.

"And whose fault is that?" she taunts.

"Cmon, it can't be that bad." I reason.

Rina sighs, "Bad isn't the word I'd use, more like dangerous. Very dangerous. I have a high level of self control but that is straight testing my limits."