[50] - right by your side.

MIKA
𖤐 ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ˚ 。 . ⋆ 𖤐

He's here.

Lane is actually here. Back in the small home we've created in the past few months. Right when I thought all I could do was go to sleep he shows up.

I want to scold at him for leaving me here all alone with a breaking heart. Tell him just how much of a dickhead move that was. But I can't. Just like I can't stop the smile that forms in my lips.

"I'm so sorry, Angel." his voice soothes my heart.

Lane closes the distance in three steps, bring his hand to cup my jaw and rub his thumb against the soft skin of my cheeks. He tilts my chin so I have no where to look but his beautiful eyes.

My lips part, glancing at his, before I meet his darkened gaze once again. All words have gotten stuck in my throat, all thoughts forgotten.

So have his, it seems, as he leans forward and crashes his lips on mine. Hours apart felt like an eternity and the feel of his touch is something I never want to be deprived of.

My fingers grip onto his shirt, wanting him closer, whether in a kiss or a hug, at this point I don't care. I just need him with me.

"You came back" I whisper against his lips.

"I should've never left, my mind was racing and I didn't want to say something I'd regret," he rests his forehead in mine.

"Guess that was a smart move.." one I should've added to the possibilities but didn't because I just go and think the worse, always, "Look, about the job-"

"I'm sorry, I know it's your dream-"

"It's not."

Lane studies my gaze, "What?"

"For the longest time I believed that was what I wanted the most in the world, but it's not. I know that now because I have what I want right here, in front of me," a smile grows in my lips.

Lane's gaze softens at my words, brown irises growing melted just like my heart. His hold on me tightens as to secure me for vanishing away.

"I love you." he blurts.

We both freeze as my eyes widen at his confession, a mix of emotions curling at my stomach. My mouth dries and my whole body shakes, wondering if I heard him right.

His coughs into his fist, "Shit. That wasn't...supposed to just come out like that."

"That's, um, that's fine, we can just-"

"No, Mika, I'm not...I mean what I said, I do, fuck I really do. And I want it all with you. The real deal. But I can't do that if I don't tell you the truth first," he slowly guides us to sit down.

I nod speechless, "O-okay"

"There's a reason I reacted poorly at the news of you getting the job, or anytime I saw you talking with Alessandro, or just mentioning Elite," he sighs, making a pause.

I swallow hard, "You're scaring me,"

"Sorry, angel, I don't mean to, it's just hard for me to talk about it...but I want to." Lame reassures me, intertwining our fingers and pulling me closer, "It all started when I was just a kid, everyone would always comment on my looks so my parents signed me up for modeling."