[44] - i like you like this

a/n: we're officially on the countdown to the last chapter, can't even believe it.

exciting things coming soon, eheh ;)

MIKA
𖤐 ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ˚ 。 . ⋆ 𖤐

"Get up, let's dance!"

Remember me saying I was going to stay sober with Benji? Yeah, things didn't exactly go as planned and I don't even know how.

One minute we were still seating by the fire and the other there I was with a bottle in my hand. But before you go and judge me, Benji himself has gotten tipsy.

I don't think it's possible for him to get more than that, but hey that's more than I ever seen him! Not that it has made much change, if you told me he was sober I'd believe you.

Though I have to admit he seems less bothered by my brother constant ramblings on his ears. I swear sometimes I think they switched me and Xander at birth and they're the actual siblings.

Then again, if you look at Zach and Callum, that also doesn't make sense. Maybe that's just the fate of every siblings in the world. Good luck, future mini me's.

"Cmon Kiki, you have to do this with me!" I hear Callum say from somewhere on my right, pulling her to the middle of the dance floor.

Rina grins, "You better know your moves, Riggs."

"Allow me to impress you, ma'am" he winks.

Smiling at the cute pair, I feel a hand wrap itself around my waist and pull me closer against a familiar chest. Xander kisses the back of my ear as hums, as he's lips brush my hair.

I meet his gaze and words are not needed anymore, my hand finds his and he takes me to the dance floor as well. The music playing is alive, wild, happy and so is the mood of everyone dancing.

I don't really realise when, but before I know it is twirling under his arm, from one corner of the room to another. My belly hurts from laughing at the idiotic dance moves he's trying to show off, but even more from how careless he is.

From instinct I glance around, seeing if anyone's judging us, both who would be? Everyone's drunk out of their ass or too focused on their loved ones to care. Maybe I should too.

After all, when am I going to be in the middle of nowhere with friends I just made and more alcohol floating down my blood than it ever had? Never, that's the answer.

So, for once, I will just let myself enjoy it and dance like no one's watching. Because that's exactly how Lane makes me feel. And though it's scary, it's also incredibly freeing.

"I like you like this." he whispers against my hair.

"Drunk? Or making a fool of myself?" I joke.

"Happy." Lane says instead, making my pupils dilate as I stare at him in awe, "I've never seen you smile so much and now I don't think I can live without seeing it at least once a day"

"Then it won't be a rare thing anymore and you will just grow used to it, until it doesn't amaze you anymore," my shoulders drop and I don't mean to make the mood do as so as well, but the words are out before I can stop them.