[42] - i don't see it

a/n: currently writing in the middle of the night cause I need to stop delaying it already -_-

MIKA
𖤐 ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ˚ 。 . ⋆ 𖤐

"I don't see it."

Xander gasps offended, "How not? We're literally have the same face structure, we're both handsome as hell-"

"The inflated ego checks out," Blake rolls her eyes.

"Maybe, but it seems he was still able to charm you even with all the cockiness" Xander says in matter of factually, adding a wink to his statement.

The dark haired girl stares at him like he's just dumb, but doesn't do more than a simple shoulder shrug. Her gaze lingers on mine right before she walks away to grab another drink.

I return my attention to the brunette sitting next to me, his arm wrapped around my shoulders. His intense stare shifts from my lips back to my eyes and he grins.

"She's starting to warm up to you" Xander comments, nudging my arm as a little motivating gesture.

"Sure and pigs can suddenly fly." I retort sarcastically, not a bone in me believing his words.

"Cmon, she's doing her best on her own way, give the girl a break," he shrugs, lips pressing together as he leans forward and places a kiss on my forehead, "But don't worry, the rest are friendlier."

My eyes widen in horror, "There's more?!"

"Zach was talking with his brother and, turns out, his visiting with a couple friends," great, my own personal hell, having to meet new people.

"How many?" I ask, afraid of the answer.

"Four I think."

"Okay, it could be worse I guess" I bob my head up and down, trying to come with terms with the fact that I need to put myself out there, but failing severely, "Can't we just ditch the party though?"

"As much as I'd love to spend the rest of the night just the two of us, you will have to be the one to break Dev's heart cause I can't do it" Lane shoots me an apologetic stare.

"You're right, he's be crushed." I groan.

"Let's do this, if after meeting them you still feel out of place and wanting to leave, we will do so" he suggests, making me nod in agreement.

Xander's right- which is something I never thought I'd say- but if I don't even try then I will never know. Maybe these mysterious people will be easier to get along with. At least I'm trying to convince myself of that.

Rina, Dev and my brother are the type of people that I know without any doubts that will easily fit in with these people. Me and Benji on the other hand? Just being here is a miracle.

That or we've just somehow gotten so under two best friends' spells were not even acting like ourselves anymore. Him and Rowan have been talking since we got here, just like me and the brunette.

"Look, they're here" my gaze shifts to three new faces I haven't seen before.

"What's in these people genes..." I mutter to myself, taking in the handsomeness of the males.