[46] - profound happiness

MIKA
𖤐 ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ˚ 。 . ⋆ 𖤐

"What if he fires me?"

"Girl, you're literally the reason that man has been making a bag lately, he's not going to fire you," Rina squeezes my shoulders in reassuring.

"He might."

Benji sighs next to us, "He wont."

"If he even thinks of it I will gladly throw him out of that blissful window in his office," my blonde friend winks in a way that has me grateful for not being her enemy, "Cmon, go"

"Fine, I'm going!" I take a total of two steps forward before glancing back at my friends, who both cross their arms expectantly, "Let me just tell you, it means the world that you're here-"

Benji cuts me off, groaning, "That's it."

Before I can ask what he means by that, the way-taller-than-me guy closes the distance between us and lifts me to his shoulder.

Feeling like a potato bag I close my eyes in order to avoid watching the people's reaction to this sudden craziness, coming from the most composed guy I know even.

Thank god I'm not wearing a dress today.

"Benji, put me down!" I whisper-shout.

He rolls his eyes, "No."

Still mentally freaking out, I feel my eyes widen when I hear a door slamming open. Oh no. Gently putting me down, Benji nods at the person behind and then shoots me a look that says 'you got it'.

Frozen and filled with embarrassment, I turn around in a slower pace than a damn turtle. Facing Mr Van Doren, I swallow loudly as I take one of the empty seats.

"Mika! Its great to see you again," he smiles, his eyes moving from the computer to meet mine, "I see you were a little nervous, no need to be, in fact, I believe I grace you amazing news."

My heart misses a beat, "You do?"

"Surely so. It seems that we've just gotten an high-profile empty spot and I can't think of anyone better to fill it than you," the older man says in his oh-so-wise tone but all I hear is that I'm finally getting my fucking dream come true.

I'm literally screaming. Well, mentally at least.

"I don't know what to say," my lips part.

"Well a yes I hope," he jokes but I can't even follow with a light laugh cause I'm still frozen in place, shock consuming my body, "You don't have to give an answer right away, in fact, take some days to think about if you want."

"No!" don't shout at the man idiot, "I mean, yes."

"Yes, you want some days to think?" Mr Van Doren's brows furrow in confusing and i have never wanted the ground to swallow me this much.

"No, I meant i'd like to accept," rubbing my sweaty hand down my jeans i take a deep breath, "Sorry, i wasn't expecting to receive such good news, but id be more than happy to take the job"

The man grins, "That's what i like to hear!"

Standing up to pour us both glasses of whatever kind of alcohol a man like him enjoys, he hands me the drink. I stare down at the cup in my hands and feel like dying to what i'm about to do.