[09] - a little devil

XANDER
𖤐 ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ˚ 。 . ⋆ 𖤐

My angel is a little devil.

Literally. I watch with a grin plastered in my face as Mika enters the party dressed as a hot demon with Rina by her side impersonating Harley Quinn.

My gaze shifts to every inch of the brunette, not knowing where to stop at. She has little black horns on her head that match her wings and the corset that digs into her tiny black skirt. Her long to-die-for legs are covered by black lace top tights over the knee, plus her high heels boots.

But my moment of shamelessly checking her out is long gone when her eyes meet mine and her brows deep into the angriest frown. As usual, my reaction is a even wider grin.

"Told ya, you'd be fucked" Rowan shakes his head and pats my back as we watch her walk, or better rush, to us.

She waves a finger at me, "How?!"

"Don't know what you mean, angel" I taunt, her clearly in the opposite of the nickname, just before adding "Nice choice of costume by the way"

"Wish I could say the same about yours, but it'd look nicer with a drink all over it" she smiles wickedly and I chuckle because, while Mika would very much be capable of doing it, I know she won't.

"That's a shame, I choose it thinking of you" I say, pointing towards my angel costume. You're probably wondering the same thing as her, how did I know, but a magician never reveals his secrets ain't that right?

Her eyes twitch, "It looks like we're matching."

"Guess it wasn't just in my dreams after all" I shoot her a wink, enjoying every single second of this. Besides, I think she's a little oblivious to the fact of that being my exact goal.

"I hope you're run over by a car" she flips me off.

Right after, I watch as little Roosevelt fades into the crowd of masked people. I have to admit there's a few that seem to have put big effort into their costumes, but none of theirs looks as good as hers.

Maybe that's because in my eyes she will always be the most beautiful girl in the room, or maybe it really is the truth. Honestly, I don't care. My only worry at the moment is to get Mika Roosevelt to stop trying to avoid me at every chance she gets.

I never really understood her aversion with me, but I'm determined to show her there's much more to know about Alexander Lane. I've never been one to hide my true self but that doesn't mean I go around telling everyone the details.

I like to keep those for the ones that are really important, I wouldn't mind having her on the list. But not to get ahead of myself, I have to go by little steps.

To the rest of the world I'm Xander. Chill guy, with spikes of energy and a shameless flirt. Not that I have second intentions with every woman I meet but, if done respectfully, I think a bit of hype up never hurt anyone.

It's harmless flirting to get people to loosen up. Sure that doesn't dismiss the fact that I like sex too. Though, because I'm open about it, I'm called a whore due to others feeling entitled to judge me.

I've learned to not care, especially since they always call me that wrongly. Saying that I like it doesn't mean I'm doing it every night. When it happens, happens. But lately it has gotten harder than usual to have my interest picked when Mika is always there.