[24] - make more mistakes

MIKA
𖤐 ˖ ˚ . 𖤐

"Allow me, angel"

My head turns to a smiling Xander pulling out the chair for me. I resist the urge to roll my eyes and shoot him my best grateful look, putting on a smile for the peering eyes.

"Next thing you're carrying me around in your arms too, Lane" I whisper when he sits next to me and moves close enough so only he hears.

"Is that your way to ask me to do it?" he quirks a brow, amusement filling in his gaze.

"Of course, you need to start practicing early for the day of our wedding after all." I say dryly, expecting it to scare him off which I unfortunately fail to do miserably.

"Already thinking about marrying me, Red?" Lane's grins widens as wells as the brow he has raised, a weird glint sparkling in his eyes, "Careful, I might get my hopes up"

"You should write a book with all your cheesy lines, I'm sure people would buy it just to know what not to say to their crushes." I pat his shoulder in mock sympathy.

In the same moment I halt on my own movements, gaze longing on my hand resting on the blade of his skin. Such a simple touch, yet so electrifying.

"Only if you give me permission to make the title 'ways to get through an angel's heart'" he winks, enjoying this little game we've built over the years.

He's persistent I will give him that. To every remark I make towards him he has a more cheerful and unbothered answer. While at the same time keeping the flame lighted.

"Cute of you to think you could ever go anywhere near my precious heart" a light laugh escapes my lips, incredulous of his foolish beliefs.

"You think I'm cute, Red?" he smirks.

"Sure, misinterpret my words" I roll my eyes.

"No need to hide how you feel towards me, must I remind me how desperate your body was for me last night" he brushes his lips in my hair, fingers brushing my shoulder as he rests and arm around me.

"I could say the same about you" I retort.

"I have no problems admitting that I want you, Mika." he shrugs, eyes piercing into mine as each word floats out of his mouth.

My throat dries, "Maybe you should"

"Why? So I could feed your fears of allowing yourself to give in to what you want as well?" Xander's stare becomes enigmatic, likes he's trying to un-puzzle me and my actions, "Tell me, what is it that you're so scared off?"

"Who says I am?" I complain.

"Your hesitation" he maintains his tone soft, barely affected while I find myself growing in anger at his accusations, "Even when I lay it out for you, you don't take the free pass"

My eyes widen, "You left the door unlocked on purpose" the realization sinks along with shock, yet some awareness.

"Yet you chickened out" he reminds.