Chapter 49

"Carnival?" Xiao Rui stood up, "What's the point of it? We need to attend the carnival held by our neighbours?"

"Because that school is our alma mater. That's why I need to go there," Tong Yao said.

"That is why I decided to study in Korea," Jia Xuan whispered to Lao K, who has a face mask on.

"This... I don't think it is a good idea. Our schedule is packed lately," Xiao Rui said.

"Carnival," Lao Mao questioned. Jia Xuan rolled her eyes playfully, thinking: How can he think so slowly.

"Cheng Ge, didn't even agree to the last event I told him to attend. I'm sure he won't-"

"Ok," Cheng Ge simply said. Jia Xuan, Xiao Pang, Lao K and Lao Mao turned their head to face Cheng Ge who just agreed.

"당연하게도 그는 아내를 사랑합니다. 내 말이 맞나요, Cheng Ge (No wonder, he loves his wife. Am I right, Cheng Ge)?" Jia Xuan looked at Cheng Ge, wiggling her eyebrows. Cheng Ge just smiled at Tong Yao.

"Fine," Xiao Rui said, looking as though he had just given up hope.

"Xiao Jie Jie, does the canteen in your school serves great food?" Xiao Pang questioned, looking too excited.

"You glutton," Lao K said.

"A university carnival? Are there any performance?" Lao Mao questioned.

"You fool," Lao K said, "This is a stage where we can show the charms of e-sports. Look at you two, country bumpkins. You stay up late every night for the training. Look at the dark eye circles and your dry skin. You guys have no charm at all."

"Pabo," Jia Xuan muttered.

"Tong Yao, I think your skin isn't looking good lately. I'm using MIHOO's hydrating mask. It contains plenty of moisture. Here you go," Lao K said, throwing the mask packet across the table.

"Hey, you give Tong Yao but not for me. You are mean. Do you even consider me as your best friend," Jia Xuan pouted. Lao K rolled his eyes playfully before throwing her one.

"Best if you do it when you sleep," Lao K recommended.

"Alright, I will try it later," Tong Yao said.

"I believe you can face everyone in a perfect state with this," Lao K said, making Tong Yao blushed.

<><><TIME SKIPS><><> [Korean]

"Jiao Huang, are you done?" Jia Xuan asked, as she waited for Jiao Huang to change.

"Yes love," Jiao Huang said.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me love," Jia Xuan said. Jiao Huang just chuckled and just went up to her back hugging her.

"I can call you love as many times as I want to," Jiao Huang said. Jia Xuan looked away and Jiao Huang kept on pecking onto her lips.

"Let's go now. Ai Jia is waiting for us at the cafe," Jia Xuan said, letting go of Jiao Huang's hand and walking away.

"HEY!" Jiao Huang shouted as he ran towards her holding her hand.

<><><TIME SKIPS><><>

Ai Jia stood up seeing his sister walking towards them. "Ge, what did you want us for..." Jia Xuan's voice slowly fade away as she saw a woman standing up and turning her back to face her. Her mom. Jia Xuan's smile drop immediately.

"Mei," Ai Jia said.

"Why is she here," Jia Xuan muttered.

"괜찮으세요 (Are you ok)?" Jiao Huang asked. Ai Jia weakly laughed.

"Xiao Xuan, you're here. How about we sit down ok?" Jin Yang said, pulling Jia Xuan to the seat beside her along with Jiao Huang.

"I am asking you, why is she here," Jia Xuan repeat.

"Xuan Xuan, you're here, just order anything you want," Her mother said.

"Why should I listen to you when you are the one who caused Ming Ze to leave me and also tried to make him stay away from me. You don't even understand that how I felt. And now you are here telling me to order what I want," Jia Xuan spat.

"Mei, shush," Ai Jia said, nudging her hand.

"You forgive her already? Have you forgotten what she did to you? Have you?" Jia Xuan asked. Ai Jia remained quiet. "That's right." Jiao Huang stood there, still holding Jia Xuan's hand tightly.

"I know what I did was wrong. But look you fell in love with another person now, and I am not disapproving it now. You can be with him. I won't bother about it," She said. Jia Xuan scoffed.

"Jia Xuan, how about we just seat down and eat peacefully first. I bet Jiao Huang is feeling really hungry right now," Jin Yang said, pulling Jia Xuan to the seat to make her seat down.

"진정하다 (Calm down)," Jiao Huang said, rubbing her hands with his thumb.

"또 누군가를 죽이고 싶은 기분이 들어 (I feel like murdering some people again)," Jia Xuan whispered. Jiao Huang chuckled as he fed her with fries.

"Xiao Xuan, how is your work. I heard from Ai Jia that you are doing exceptionally well in your team," Her mom said.

"Aiyah, ma, don't need to question her. Just ask her if she is willing to let YQCB win instead of ZGDX," Ai Jia said, Jia Xuan shooting a glare at him.

"ZGDX will win whether you like it or not," Jia Xuan said. Her mom chuckled.

"You two both with a partner already. You guys need to mature a little bit more, isn't it? Am I right Jin Yang and Jiao Huang?" Jin Yang nodded her head before translating it to Jiao Huang.

"나는 그녀가 절반은 성숙하고 절반은 성숙하지 않은 것을 선호한다고 생각합니다. 왜냐하면 그녀는 성숙하기에는 너무 귀엽기 때문입니다. 하지만 그녀는 빌어먹을 오빠와 싸우는 걸 그만둬야 해 (I think I prefer her to be half mature and half not because, she is too cute to be mature. BUT, she needs to stop fighting her god damn brother)," Jiao Huang said and Jia Xuan smacked his shoulder while drinking.

"입 다물어. 안그러면 그 사람 앞에서 키스해야 할 것 같아 (Shut up. If you don't I will have to kiss you in front of her)," Jia Xuan said. Jiao Huang chuckled.

"Aunty, you don't need to bother what they are saying, you just have to understand that they are flirting," Jin Yang said. Jia Xuan's mom lightly laughed.

"I wasn't flirting with him," Jia Xuan denied.

"You sure, love?" Jiao Huang asked.

"How many times I told you to stop calling me that," Jia Xuan said.

"Xiao Xuan, let him say that. It is cute," She said. Jia Xuan stared at her, "I don't like it."

"Xiao Xuan, I know I was in the wrong. I shouldn't have make you and Ming Ze break up. I was being to selfish. Just let me make up this for you. Let me be a mother that supports her child," Jia Xuan's mother said, placing her hands on top of Jia Xuan's. Jia Xuan looked at her, and looked down.

"Fine. But if you do anything that it is like destroying anyone's relationship or interest, I will really cut ties with you," Jia Xuan said. Her mom smiled, tiny bits of tears filled her eyes, as she rubs Jia Xuan's hand, nodding her head. "I will promise that." Jia Xuan smiled.

"C'mon now, let's eat," Her mother said, wiping her tears away.

"Ma, here you go. Eat some meat," Jia Xuan said, placing some food on her mother's plate.

"Ok, ok," She said, as she ate it. Jin Yang nudged Ai Jia's arm, showing a face of mission accomplish. Ai Jia rolled his eyes before stuffing himself with more food.

A/n:

Omfg, 19k already?! Love y'all so much guys. Jia Xuan forgiving her mum. If you were Jia Xuan, would you forgive them after what they did to you. Honestly I wouldn't. I wouldn't want to forgive someone who did something so wrong. Anyways y'all vote ah.