Pawn 029

Park Bom

"So, this is Lee Chaelin, Auntie, Sanghyun," I started. "And C, this is Aunt Sunye, Dara's mom and my aunt. That tall boy is Sanghyun, Dara's younger brother and my cousin."

"Um, annyeong haseyo," CL bowed. "I'm Lee Chaelin. But you can call me CL or Chaelin. And I'm Dara-unnie's and Bom-unnie's friend. I promise to help you in any household chore if that makes me less of a burden."

Auntie chuckled as she smiled at her. "It's okay. Bommie-ah, better show her the room she's gonna use for a while."

I nodded, and I looked at Dara in worry. She's still pale, her eyes staring at something far away. Sanghyun put an arm around his sister's shoulders firmly, helping her sit on the couch.

"Is unnie okay?" CL asked quietly as we went upstairs. "She looks so pale."

"I don't know," I whispered. "She'd been like that after . . . auntie told her something." I'd quickly changed my mind on telling CL about it.

She sighed. "I hope she's okay. And . . . and my brother too." Her voice cracked slightly at the mention of her brother. "What do you think is happening back at Seoul?"

"No one told me about it," I replied, opening the door. "But I guess it's serious, because why else would he send you here at Dara's house?"

She nodded, and I don't know if it was just me, but I saw something glistening in her eyes. "I hope he comes here soon," she mumbled.

-

"You guys in position?" the first Shadow said through the tiny headpiece installed with a microphone.

"Yes," the second Shadow replied, hidden on the treetops. "I can watch her from here."

"Me too," the third Shadow replied. "From this position I can spot some suspicious men trying to get through Park Sandara's house."

The first Shadow nodded, tucking her hair beneath her jacket's hoodie. These three Shadows were severely instructed by G-Dragon to protect Sandara and her family at all costs, especially that she is considered as a probable Heiress/Target. She then realized why three were sent, not just one or two.

They could just possibly be everywhere, stalking them like a silent predator, and two Shadows won't be enough.

She remembered the first time she'd seen Sandara's face way back at the convenience store, when she'd purposely bumped her on purpose. The sketch given to her perfectly matched Sandara's face—and recalling her face again and how she acted towards her, she understood why G-Dragon would go overboard in protecting Park Sandara.

"Wait, have you even met Sandara in person?" she asked the other two.

The two were silent before they answered. "Yeah," they answered guiltily.

"When?"

"Uh . . ." the second Shadow hesitated.

"Well," the third Shadow recounted the events that lead them in meeting Park Sandara.

"He even called her 'pretty'," he added, snickering.

"Hey!" the second Shadow protested, blushing in embarrassment underneath his mask.

The first Shadow chuckled. "That's okay. Anyway, got any backup stuff ready?"

"Yep. Though honestly, I doubt they'd visit here," the third Shadow told her.

"We can't be too sure," she said, an edge to her tone.

"By the way, why would G-Dragon-ssi ask the three of us to protect her? This is the first time I'd been sent with you guys with that particular task, not that I'm complaining. Who is she to him?" the second Shadow asked her.

It took a moment before she answered. "She's . . . she's the reason why Ji—G-Dragon is smiling once more. She makes him happy. She . . . she's the reason . . . why he strives to exist."

"Oh," the third Shadow mumbled.

"I guess we should protect her with our lives then," the second Shadow muttered.

"Yes," she whispered. "We should, Bobby."

-

Park Sandara

I don't know what time is it already, but I guess it's already late in the evening. Sanghyun was snoring on the couch in my room, a book dangling from his hands. I, on the other hand, was still glued on the computer screen, looking for something on the Internet. Though I admit, it's really stupid.

Like what the hell, all the Korean gangs that appear on my screen are the top three gangs uncovered by the police, starting from the 90's era. None of those Black Elites thing CL had been telling me before. Not even BIGBANG—except that it's a scientific theory on how the universe started, a TV show, and it's a brand of a chocolate bar in the Philippines. And oh, there's something about the Triads—but I don't think that's how the Black Elites work.

I put my hand in my hands, groaning. What Omma told me earlier wasn't enough, I could say. Yes, my father owns a whopping black corporation in the underground, but where is it exactly? Is it still in Gwangju? Or maybe here in Busan?

And basing from what Omma said about my father being a black market Mogul, I guess I understand why they would be looking for the Heiress, namely, me.

But seriously though, it's stupid. Sure, they might get their hands on me and have their own bad way to acquire my father's fortune and power, but what's my use to them? I don't even know how the whole corporation works. I don't even know how the underground works, or let's get exact here—I don't truly know the underground, only its residents!

Ask Jaejoong! Good idea. But then again, his reason why he would want me and my father's wealth—well, I'm not so sure if it would be very helpful on my part. Does he even know where the corporation is, anyway?

Jiyong? My mind suggested. Or any of BIGBANG's members. They could help, Daesung or Taeyang especially.

Well, why not? But . . . that means I have to risk telling them that I am Park Ji Soo's long-lost daughter. And how would I even start? Would they even believe me?

Evidences. I need evidences that I am the one they're looking for. There are too many Parks in Busan alone, and anyone would mistake a young female Park as the Heiress. But what kind of evidences would it be?

I fell asleep before I could even think of one, the computer still humming.

[A/N: Creepy antagonist on the loose . . . What does he/she want now? Can you still catch up? You're all free to ask me if in case you get lost. Unnie/Noona/Dongsaeng's ready to help ^.^

And as an extra treat before I spoil myself again with studying, here's some teaser. ;)]

--

After a few minutes of staring up at the ceiling, I decided to get out. I tried to act as inconspicuously as possible, but it was all in vain.

"Dara?" he called from the kitchen. I ignored him, walking out of the door.

"Dara! Wait!"

And I started to run. Run away. Run away as fast as I could.

He said it himself, right? Run away from monsters as fast as I can.