Pawn 044

Park Sandara

I hugged my backpack closer, trying to calm myself down. Earlier this morning, Jiyong had been really sweet and romantic (and okay, passionate), and he even confessed that he likes me (GYAAAAAAHHHHH!!!). Even though he said that he wants me . . . whatever, want and like are synonymous, right?

But now, after TOP's phone call . . . seems like I'm seeing G Dragon again. I sighed.

Outside, on the living room specifically, the BIGBANG members plus some of their Shadows are having a meeting. Well, not much of a meeting, since havoc was already on the city of Seoul. It was more like a strategy meeting to me. I couldn't hear much; their voices were too hushed. Plus, I was too squeamish to even hear one word.

As much as I would want to see the view outside, I couldn't. Some sort of a metal covered the door leading to the balcony, and Jiyong told me to please, please never peep outside. I sighed again. What am I going to do?

The bedroom door suddenly opened, revealing Jiyong and the rest of the BIGBANG members. Jiyong then walked towards me and sat on the bed across from me.

"Listen, butterfly. We're going back to the mainland with our plan in hand. I can't assure you that I'll come by to see you, but be careful, understand?"

I nodded, too tense to speak.

"Furthermore, five of my best trusted Shadows will take you back to the mainland as well. You will be situated somewhere and my order to you is this: don't go out, don't use your phone, follow whatever it is the Shadows are telling you."

"Will Ji Hyun be there?" I asked him.

"No. Apparently, that f-cking bastard named Kim Jaejoong has some theories about you and my sister, and it's best if you go with someone you're not so familiar with," he said. "Well, maybe a bit. And yes, those Shadows will report everything to me, if in case you're curious."

Jaejoong! I shuddered. Does he really plan to get me so he would be able to really exact his revenge? So he wasn't bluffing, huh . . .

"Wait, why am I going back to mainland?!"

He sighed deeply. "I have no more choice. The more I let them think you're out of the mainland, they're going to wreck more damage in South Korean hotbeds. I hate doing this, believe me, but I'm also thinking of the welfare of the civilians living in the affected cities." He looks really exhausted, as if thinking about it gave his mind a workout.

I touched his arm. "Okay, I understand. When will I leave?"

"After we reach the port near Seoul, those Shadows will come by and get you here. You will know that they are my Shadows if you see silver rings on their fingers, an engraving of a dragon on it. And hmm, maybe I should tell you that they are the Shadows usually assigned to assassinate, so you'll be safe."

"Thank you, Jiyong," I couldn't quite hide the irritation on my tone, though. Seriously, he's scaring me.

"What's with that tone, Sandara?" he sounded irritated as well.

I sighed. "Because frankly Jiyong, you kind of scared me with your explanation. Especially on the whole assassin thing," I rolled my eyes.

His lips twitched. "Oh, sorry. But it's better to scare you some now than later. That's one of the stuff you need to know."

"Stuff?"

"About being my woman, duh," he muttered, and at the corner of my eye, I saw his members biting their lips, looking away. TOP, on the other hand, looked like he was trying to control his giggling.