Emperor 013

Emperor 013 – Waiting

Kwon Jiyong

-five hours after Dara fainted-

"GD," Queen sat beside me and put a reassuring arm on my shoulder. "At least eat something. Please."

"I'm fine, Queen," I muttered lifelessly, my eyes never leaving Sandara's sleeping face, a tube attached to her nose. I held Sandara's hand and played with her fingers.

"But, GD . . . you haven't been eating anything," she said worriedly. "Or even had some sleep. You're also wounded. How many times will I ever assure you that she's fine, and that the antidote is just working on her sudden adrenaline rush? It's normal, and anyway we'd--"

"I'm not leaving until she wakes up," I hissed at her. "Okay?"

She sighed. "Fine. Just ring that bell if there are any changes. All right?"

"Yes. Thank you, Queen."

She rose up, and patting my shoulder softly once more, she left the room.

I stared at Sandara's pale face, her eyes still closed. She isn't still waking up. Queen told me earlier, after Sandara fainted all of a sudden, that the antidote that Jaejoong had injected was taking a side effect on her body. It was because she'd had an adrenaline rush, what with all that fighting earlier. It was a good thing Queen had studied medicine and Sky had medical facilities on his mansion, or else . . . I shuddered at the mere thought of it.

I reached out to touch her face with my fingertips. It was somewhat cold, but at least I see a faint hint of pink on her cheeks. It was the assurance that she was still alive, aside from the beeping sounds I hear.

"Sandara," I whispered, my voice hoarse. "Please wake up. I'm not going to leave your side again. I'll always be with you. Just wake up. I love you."

-an hour later-

She's still asleep. I kept on holding her hand, making random circles with my thumb. So soft, so warm . . .

I heard the door open behind me. Those footsteps are familiar.

"I'd read all the files, GD," TOP-hyung told me quietly as he sat down. "All those documents . . . truly prove she is the Heiress. In fact, Park Ji Soo's last will and testament's there. And it seems to me . . . you really are the one assigned to guard Dara, after all."

"That's such an honor," I smirked.

"But I don't think that will states you can be her boyfriend, though," hyung teased.

I turned to glare at him, and he laughed.

"But seriously though, the information is staggering. To think she'd inherit all that . . . No offense, but I wonder if she'll be able to shoulder them all?" TOP-hyung said after his laughter faded.

"How staggering is staggering?" I raised a brow, intrigued.

"Well, remember the rumor that Park Ji Soo's total net assets in the ammunition company he built are worth $500B, approximately? Apparently, it's true."

I whistled. That's one f-cking hell of staggering wealth. "Wait—net assets?"

"Ah yeah. There are some liabilities that roughly cost $150M, more or less. Taeyang and Seungri managed to solve the whole accounting thing—better ask them about it, I don't know nuts about accounting."

"I see. I'll check them out later. Thank you, hyung." I muttered almost absently, staring at Dara's face.

TOP sighed, staring at my face. "Oh, Jiyong. I know you're tired of hearing this, but Dara will be fine. Her vitals are good, according to those doctors Queen sent here earlier. And I bet Dara'll be mad as hell if she finds out you haven't been eating. You know how she is towards you and food."