Pawn 037

Third Person POV

[A/N: Okay, I know this will look familiar especially if you've read any Huntress fanfic. On this chapter, two scenes will be in here. The italicized/bold part is for TOP's; the normal text is Taeyang and Dara's. I'll use this technique for a certain reason. Soo . . . credits to Huntress-nim. She's one of the many authornims that inspired me to write DB.]

Taeyang and Dara walked silently and aimlessly in the forest, admiring the view. Taeyang was wondering what Dara would tell him, while the woman was thinking on how she would phrase everything.

"So . . . what do you want to talk about?" Taeyang asked her finally.

"What does this flash drive have to do with anything . . . she can check this herself," TOP muttered as he inserted the drive into the port.

"Why . . . why are you looking for the Heiress?" Dara asked him, not looking at him. "What do you want from her, honestly?"

Taeyang was quiet for a minute before he answered. "Initially . . . we wanted to have a hold of the fortune, since it's really big. But when other gangs started to have an interest in it . . . Jiyong changed tracks. Now, he wants to find this Heiress and protect her at all costs, as his way of expressing his gratitude to someone."

"Thanking . . . someone?"

"Yes. It's not surprising, actually—he saved Jiyong's life. I think if he hadn't done that, I'd be willing to bet Jiyong would either go insane—literally—or he wouldn't be alive."

'Folders? What the hell are these? I wonder if she didn't understand them that's why she gave this to me,' he thought as he clicked one of them, and he was puzzled when he saw the contents.

'These are all underground files! How the hell did she get a hold of this?!'

"How long has this been going on, exactly?" Dara continued to question him.

"Hmm, I think a month or two before you entered YGU," Taeyang admitted. "It's kinda like a freaky coincidence, honestly—but don't worry, we didn't think you're the target. You know how fallible coincidences can get."

TOP continued to comb through the files, burning with curiosity as to why Dara would even give this to him. Most of them looked familiar to him—black corporations, moguls, maps . . . but the others were new. He couldn't help but wonder if she hired an expert investigator or computer genius in order to obtain this large amount of files.

'But how would this help her?'

"But what if . . . those coincidences were never fallible this time?" she murmured mysteriously.

Taeyang looked at her in surprise. "What do you mean, Dara?"

A compressed folder with a suspicious-looking filename stole his attention, and with the help of his gut senses, he opened it cautiously.

"What I mean is . . . probably they knew who they were hunting. I guess you'd probably thought of this before, because if you hadn't, you wouldn't be involved into this."

"Dara, even if we hadn't thought of it, we'll still be involved. We're the Black Elites—it's our responsibility to keep the underground world away from the government's radar. Many would say that we don't care about the peace—but we do. What would a gang with a sad, dark past do, right? They'd do something so what happened to them before won't be experienced by others in the future, gangster or not."

She knew he was right, thanks to the past Jiyong shared to her last night. She now knows Jaejoong was wrong—they never desired power. Because if they had . . .

She suddenly remembered what Bom told her. "I don't know if you've just haven't seen much of the world, Dara, but like what I've said, they run the whole city especially the richest ones. So that means, they can start war if they want to."

"If ever you find her, what will you do? What will you do if in case the international gangs found out that she's with you? Will that . . . will that start a war?"

TOP grabbed a glass of water while the folder was opening, trying to calm himself. He knew inside the folder was something . . . something really important, and it was making him tense.

'But why?'

Taeyang's jaw clenched. "That's something we've been trying very much to avoid. But it's kind of too late now—there are erring Submissives wanting to have a hold of those fortune so they would overthrow us, there are Mafia and Yakuza groups desperate to obtain it. Low-class gangsters are being hired to cause havoc and serve as a distraction to us, so we can't focus on getting the Heiress. It's beyond awful—it's kinda like seeing Seoul's Conflict again." His voice faltered at the last word.

Dara shuddered, remembering that that conflict grabbed her father away from her. She then turned to look at him, and she noticed that he was looking down, his hands clenched into fists.

"Taeyang," she whispered. "Do you mind if I tell you something?"

TOP froze for a minute, astonishment in his face as he scanned the files inside the folder. These files . . . these files . . . he'd seen it before, he was sure of it! 'When . . . when . . . where . . . where and when was that again . . .?'

One file caught his eyes, though. He opened his own folder of files he'd accumulated while he was searching for files himself, and there it was.

"I need your help. You're the only group I can trust, you see. For the last few months of hanging out with you, I knew you aren't really much of the bad guys, and I know . . . that I can trust you," she said softly.

"We can still be the bad guys, you know," Taeyang told her, his eyes bleak as he stared at her. "But thank you for trusting us. But what do you need us for?"

"You're looking for her, right? Hold my hand," she told him quietly.

This time, the file on that compressed folder was easily opened and he thrummed his fingers on the table as it opened up.

"What?"

"Just hold it."

And if he wasn't careful, he would have spilt water on his laptop—thanks to what he saw.

He did, and he gulped as that familiar sting of static flowed through him. It took him a minute before everything clicked in his brain, and his eyes widened as he stared at her in stunned silence.

"No, no . . . Oh my goodness. D-Dara . . . you . . . are . . ." he stuttered as he read down the document.

"Yes," Dara breathed. "Please, help me. I need to understand."

Taeyang's knees buckled, and he fell on his knees. His eyes were revered as he looked up at her.

"Of course . . ."

" . . . the Park Heiress," TOP gasped.

[A/N: Now, my dearest friends, aside from that kiss, I know this isn't surprising since I'd said earlier she's the Heiress (and you guessed it anyways). However, what's kinda tense here is what would be BIGBANG's plan regarding this, specifically Jiyong's.

Another dot is made, by the way. Guess what that dot is. /grins]