Pawn 50.2

Park Sandara

Jiyong was busy playing with my hand as Seungri drove us to his house. The drive was quiet, save for Jiyong and Seungri's occasional chats, which were muted for my benefit. I, on the other hand, gazed at the view outside the window. It seemed that Seungri and CL's house were by the sea, since we were traveling on a road some miles from the sea.

A few minutes later, the car stopped by a large Mediterranean-style house several miles from the shore. The sea breeze greeted me as I went out of the car, Jiyong behind me.

"Welcome to our house, noona," Seungri said cheerfully. "You might be wondering why we chose to build a house here. Well, CL and I love the sea and sunsets and sunrises, so we decided to live by the sea."

"Such a good place," I commented, looking around.

"Isn't it?" Seungri grinned and put an arm around me and Jiyong. "Come, let's get inside. Everyone's waiting."

The three of us walked up the stairs, where we were greeted by CL. Upon seeing us, she quickly bounded towards us, giving Jiyong and me a hug before jumping into Seungri's arms. Seungri smiled and smoothed his twin sister's hair before gently untangling her arms around him.

"Relax, Chae," he said as he patted her head. "I'm not going anywhere . . . yet."

She pouted at him before guiding us inside. Inside the living room were the rest of the BIGBANG members, Jiyong's sister, Ji Hyun . . . and my brother, my mother, and Bom.

"Sandara!/Noona!/Dara!" Omma, Sanghyun and Bom exclaimed, jumping from their seats and hugging me hard.

"I'm fine, relax. They took care of me," I reassured them.

"Really?" Bom blubbered as she stared at me at arm's length. "We were so worried, you know! I thought you were really somewhere in Seoul—Seungri told us you weren't—but . . . are you okay? What happened to you?!"

"Uh, let's sit down first," I said, flashing a worried look at Jiyong. He smiled gently, as if reassuring me, and took a seat beside me.

After a few moments of silence, Jiyong cleared his throat, making everyone's attention turn to him. "Please allow me to introduce myself," Jiyong said formally. "My name is Kwon Jiyong, one of Kwon Sanghyun and Kwon Dami's children. I study at YGU, along with Miss Park Bom and Miss Park Sandara. Other than being a student, I am also G-Dragon of BIGBANG . . . the Head of the Black Elites."

Omma and Sanghyun gasped while Bom and I gaped at him. This is the first time I'd seen him act so formally.

"I know you may have recognized my name or my title, because I am sure Mr. Park Ji Soo has mentioned something about it," he continued. "Anyway, I am sure you have heard what happened that lead us to this situation through my men. Am I right?"

My family nodded at him.

"Then, please allow me to apologize for the troubles caused to you," Jiyong said sincerely. "I shall make sure that we would be able to make it up to you."

There was another moment of silence before Jiyong started talking again.

"Many years back, Uncle Ji Soo adopted my sister and me when he found us in an orphanage in Seoul. My parents died when we were young, you see. He brought us to Gwangju, where we were currently staying, and raised us as if we were also his children. Two years later, he found my cousins, Seungri and Chaelin"—he stole a glance at the Lee twins—"at Mokpo and stayed with us. Every now and then Uncle would leave us under the care of a trusted friend whenever he went to Busan. I knew he had a family; he often shared it to us. I could remember the envy I felt . . . that his children had parents still while we had none, stolen away from us by the Conflict . . ." Jiyong stared off into the distance for a minute, his eyes glassy, before continuing.