Pawn 010

Park Sandara

I wasn't sure what I'd do if ever get to bump or even catch a glimpse of those guys, now that I knew who they are. Especially Kang Daesung and Dong Taeyang. What, ignore them and run as fast as I can? Or just talk to them and forget for a while that they're dangerous gangsters?

That's how I spent the whole four days. Trying to act as if I was invisible, moving fast if I think they'd seen me, and dashing out of the class and run to the library or garden to hide—persuading CL and Bom about the my whole scheme without telling the reason. But certainly not in the cafeteria. That place served as their hangout place . . . well, at least that's what Bom told me.

CL was kind of confused, but I let her think either it was because of the fact I know that BIGBANG's a gang . . . or maybe because of Seungri.

Stupid, I know. Why should I always run away if they hadn't done bad to me . . . yet? It's just like I'm running away from my own shadow.

On the fifth day when lunch arrived, I was thinking between going back to the apartment or go to the cafeteria. The bad thing about in the former was I'd be late for my next class, and on the latter . . . well, they'll be there. Aisht, why oh why on this day Bom and CL have different classes from mine?!

Oh, screw it. I'm hungry.

When I arrived, it was as usual full of students. But it seemed there was a commotion going on, and my curiosity asked me to go there.

But dang, I think I shouldn't have.

In the middle of the circle of students was a bloodied guy crumpled on the floor, and he was holding his bag like it was his last straw before he dies. Standing before him was BIGBANG, who were busy glaring at him. Well, except for Jiyong who had a bored expression on his face.

Monsters! I screamed in my head. When I turned to look at BIGBANG closely, they all had hostile expression on their faces . . . even Daesung.

I had to stop myself from making a sound.

“Now, do you still have any plans to disturb  us, son of a btch?” Jiyong asked in a cold and menacing tone.

“N-no,” the poor guy whispered brokenly.

They guy on Jiyong's left, who I'm sure is Seunghyun, smirked. “Oh yeah? That's good. I don't think you want to face this kind of hell again.”

“I-I swear I won't do it--” the guy's sentence was cut off by Seungri's kick in the gut. Seungri?!

Oh damn it. They're gangsters, for heaven's sake. I guess this must be normal for them.

“Do dare try again and we won't hesitate on killing you,” Taeyang warned in a dark voice. That was slightly scarier than the one he used when he said something about monsters in Seoul.

Talk about the monster warning you about his fellow monsters days ago. 

“I . . . promise,” the victim choked.

Jiyong gave him a dark, cold smile—which terrified me—and motioned for the four to follow him. But just a few steps later, Daesung quickly turned back, a metal tube in hand, and swooped towards the bloody guy. I realized what he was about to do.

I dropped my bag and quickly intercepted Daesung, twisting his wrist hard in the process and flipped him to the ground. His body fell with a loud thud, and I couldn't help but feel guilty when he groaned in pain.

Sorry, Daesung! But I don't want you to kill somebody in front of me.

I turned and crouched to look at the victim about to check if he was all right, and I was almost shocked when I saw him smirk evilly. He had a small Swiss knife in hand, and he stabbed my leg nearest to him.