Emperor 002 -- Confusion and Doubts

Dong Taeyang

            Did I do it right? I wondered at myself as I stared at Dara, who was now listening to the current professor. I didn't bother to listen—I could just catch up anyway.

Did she hear my warning? I thought when I recalled what I told her earlier. I was serious about it—she might get hurt. Although I had the impression that she's brave (maybe), she never knows the dark side of Seoul. The dark side where I  . . . I shook my head, massaging my temple.

Will she ask about what I meant? I hope so. From what I learned when I asked around, she's Park Bom's cousin (Bom's my schoolmate ever since high school) and from what I saw earlier, she's certainly a friend of CL. (How did CL befriend her?) No—that's certain. A normal girl new in a big city would do that, right? Unless she thinks of me as somebody stupid or crazy.

Maybe I am. I chuckled darkly in my head.

Wait a minute.

Why am I thinking of all this?! I kicked myself mentally. I hadn't had these thoughts whenever I met new girls, not even with Bom when I first met her. Maybe it was because she looked fragile and small . . .

Maybe because of what you felt earlier when you touched her hand . . . my subconscious sneered at me. I closed my right hand to a hard fist, trying to numb the tingling sensation, like I'd been electrocuted.

By her hand? Nah, must be something, maybe . . ?