Pawn 006

Park Sandara 

“Sorry for what happened earlier,” CL said again, pulling all the nearby grass with her hands. “ My brother really is an--”

“Annoying, irritating, a sorry excuse for a human,” Bom continued, rolling her eyes. “Gosh, CL. How many times will you apologize?”

“Not until we forgive her, I suppose,” I muttered absentmindedly.

Bom chuckled. “Oh, I really missed my cousin's sarcasm,” she said.

“Really, Bom.”

“What? It's something that amuses me everytime you do that to someone.”

“You know, from your bantering there, I get to know more about Dara,” CL mused. “First she doesn't have too much fashion sense—yet. Second she doesn't gain weight even if you feed her a lot. Then I learn that she's sarcastic?”

I sighed. “It's not everyday you'd hear me snap sarcastically at someone.”

“Unless he or she was your friend, a cousin or a stranger,” Bom said, smirking.

“Shut up.”

CL just laughed at our silly antics.

“By the way, what happened earlier—that concerns my arse of a twin brother?” CL queried. “You really seemed uncomfortable when he went to our table.”

“Um, well . . .” I started. I really wasn't sure on how to begin it.

“Why don't you start at the very second you saw them?” Bom suggested, scooting closer to me.

I nodded, and then told them everything, omitting my thoughts about Kwon Jiyong.

“Whoa, really?” CL gasped. “You're lucky then—sort of. Don't worry about Daesung, by the way. Sure, he looks intimidating with the four, but once he's alone with you he's really wonderful.”

“Sort of?” I asked in surprise. “What do you mean 'sort of'?”

CL looked away, biting her lower lip. “Uh . . . let's just say don't think about making them your bestfriends. They're dangerous . . . kind of.”

I frowned at her in confusion. Bom even looked anxious—about what?

Before I could even get an answer, the bell suddenly rang—and realized my class is going to start soon.

I hastily stood up and brushed the grass away from my clothes. “Sorry girls, but I have to leave for my class. See you later!”

“Oh, okay,” Bom said, smiling, seeming oddly relieved. “Be careful!”

I nodded, smiled at the two, and bolted off.

“Hey wait--!” CL called, but I was too far away to turn around and come back.

But why is it my mind keeps screaming I should've come back?