Other Side

MPOV

“Found the information yet?” I asked him.

He shook his head, frowning at the screen. “No,” he hissed in frustration. “Park Ji Soo is a clever guy, huh.”

“Why? Is everything blocked?” I peered closer at the laptop screen.

“Hell yeah,” he muttered. “I found his website, yes, but not about his fucking daughter! Why is she needed again, dragon?”

I sighed at this monster’s impatience. He was reliable on this kind of things, but not on his patience and temperance.

“She’s vital to us, hyung,” I gently reminded him. “We need Ji Soo’s equipment, remember? Every powerful gang in Seoul, Tokyo, Kyoto, Shanghai and Beijing just wants them.” I took a deep breath.

He sighed deeply. He minimized the window, closed the laptop’s screen and stared at the ceiling.

“Dude?” he asked.

“Yeah?”

“I have this . . . disturbing thought. I don’t want to make you feel bad or anything . . . I just want to tell you something.” His face suddenly looked grim as he stared into emptiness.

“What is it?” I asked. I knew when he was one into these moods, he sure is serious.

“What if . . . what if Ji Soo’s daughter doesn’t really know . . . about his own father?” he asked gently as he stared into my eyes.

Well . . . fuck.

I slammed the glass of wine I was holding hard on the table when I heard his words out of shock. Could it be possible?

“Oh, I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to--” he started, but I cut him off by slightly raising my hand.

I thought deeply, pondering on his words. It could be possible. The bastard was able to hide his business from the South Korean government and he prospered financially. He even kept all of his personal information about him from everyone who worked underground. If he was able to stay under the damn radar, how much more could he do to hide his family’s affairs, his daughter’s especially?

“Nevertheless, we still have to find her,” I said decisively.

Park Ji Soo, do you really have a daughter?