Emperor 010 - The Chess Pieces

-time frame: 20 hours after Dara's arrival at the Open Area with the Shadows-

TOP whistled, seeing the damage in the Seoul's Central hub. Rubble, ash, drops of blood, and a few corpses lying by the road. This is just as bad as I imagined it, he thought to himself. His gaze focused on their Head, whose eyes were freezingly cold.

There he goes again.

"Are there any reports from the Shadows, or the Submissives?" GD asked his members.

"The Submissives from Taipei and Tokyo have reported similar situations, Boss," TOP told him. "They are waiting for your order to--"

"Crush the insects," GD muttered. "But minimize damage. The government of each country is getting suspicious already."

"Understood," TOP then relayed the message to the Shadows assigned in those cities through a small gadget by his ear.

"Anything else?" GD asked.

"Miss Park's family is safe, sir," DLite said, kicking a rubble away. "They are guarded, as you have commanded."

"Miss Park is already on location," Sol told him, after receiving a message. "The five Shadows are already in position should any attack commence."

GD nodded, satisfied. Deep down, he's still worried about her. He was actually itching to go to her, but he knew he had to be here if he wanted to end things quickly.

"I see them, sir," Seungri hissed, and the five men stopped. They were on high alert, thinking there would be any hired assassins or snipers around, waiting to kill them in the dark.

"Well, well! The Black Elites are finally here," a man's voice sneered. The five kept quiet, even though they knew who he was.

"Did you like how we turned Seoul, you f-cking bastards?" he continued, standing across from them by a few meters. Behind him, a mob of strong-looking gangsters stood behind him, looking like monsters waiting to pounce on their prey.

GD looked bored as he said, "This is f-cking weak compared to how my right hand man described it. I'd thought you already damaged the whole city. Surprising that the other areas are still fine, Kaobun."

"What--!" he exclaimed in anger. "You f-cking sh-t, how dare you underestimate us? Just so you f-cking know, many have been lost here. Isn't Seoul your main turf, huh, Kwon?!"

GD smiled, in that chilling way that made the present gangsters--except for the Black Elites--shudder in terror. "Yes, I know. Many buildings, actually. And no, Seoul isn't my turf. What made you think so?"

Kaobun's eyes widened. "But--Yooch--"

"Ah, he told you that?" GD muttered, his smile never fading as his mind began to work on a plan against Kim Jaejoong and his so-called right hand man.

Yoochun, huh.

"A ploy to have us here," TOP hissed under his breath. "Oh, well."

"However, Seoul is very important to me as the Head of Black Elites, since the headquarters is here," GD told Kaobun. "And, fine--you did an excellent job."

Kaobun grinned, gloatingly satisfied that his plan against the Emperor was done--

"An excellent job in making a ploy as massive as this. I'd actually expected this to happen, so I made some countermeasures already," GD grinned devilishly. "Mind telling your boss to quit playing games already, and maybe tell me what he really wants?"