Dragon's Butterfly

Prologue

Gangsters. Classic people only found in gangster books, gangster-related movies, and maybe in the darkest, farthest places in the concrete jungle. Those smoking, suspicious-looking guys who look like they could kill anytime? The famous goons? Huh. Nice imagination we have there, kid.

In this city named Seoul, they are simply everywhere. In that coffee shop? In that expensive-looking building? In the dark alleys? Oh, they are there.

And it’s a city fact.                                           

There are different types of gangsters here. First are those small-time gangsters, like the kids you see on the streets smoking and doing whatsoever things they have in mind. Second are those who are used as pawns for big-time criminals. And the third? The rich, classy, big-time gangsters. Money? Business connections? Children of business magnates? They are them.

Click.

Click.

Oh, gotcha. BIGBANG. I thought they’re already gone from this underground website.

Click.

[ BIGBANG. This gang is composed of five members who are from all over South Korea. The five are sons of five of the biggest business tycoons in Asia. Known for their wealth, strength, cunning minds, and an unbeatable record in motor racing and car racing, this group rose to fame after defeating the then –famous gang in South Korea, Black Incubus. Now they are considered to be the ‘emperors’ of the gangster world in South Korea, even in Japan. Leader: G-Dragon Members: TOP, Sol, DLite, Victori ]

I smirked to myself. Ah, BIGBANG. One of the hardest gangs to defeat. You’ll die first before you could even drag them down.

Someday, they will be defeated. Someday, they will face the most fatal of tortures. Someday, they will be dragged away to hell, along with Black Incubus and all those reigning gangs before.

Ha. What an impossible dream, kid-who-commented-on-this-one. Haven’t you read the information earlier? They could kill you in an instant.

My laptop suddenly bleeped, signaling a fresh email from someone. I quickly opened it.

[ Recently, word has gone out in the gangster world that the late black market mogul, Park Ji Soo, actually has a blood daughter, who will be the future heiress of all his fortunes. Because of this, gangsters from all over Seoul, Tokyo, Kyoto, Beijing, and Shanghai are now hunting her down, thinking that she will be a great asset to them. Rumor has it that she is already in Seoul, about to begin her college education in a certain university. As of now, accurate information are still unknown, even her own name.

And as of now, all of the most powerful gangs in East Asia are already in Seoul. Beware. ]

Nice. All of those motherfuckers are already in Seoul—all because of one girl? I doubt she even knows who her father is.

Poor girl—she’s in the middle of a deadly game, where she’s the damn prize. And everyone’s ready to kill just to have her. What a fortunate and unfortunate one.

And fortunate and unfortunate is the one who gets hit before he could even strike.

Hah. Beware. If I were you, I’d strike and run before I get hit.

But what if it’s too late? Well, hello hell.