Pawn 007.2

Park Sandara

After the class ended, I hastily packed my things and went out of the room. I was halfway outside, though, when somebody caught hold of my elbow. I turned, and realized it was Taeyang.

“What?” I snapped, remembering how he acted moments ago—from somebody so nice to someone so dark.

His eyes widened, and he looked down as he loosened his hold on my elbow. “I just want to apologize on how I acted earlier,” he said slowly, his eyes looking directly at me.”But I was serious . . . when I said about the dark, bad side of this wonderful city.”

“Oh, thank you, Dong Taeyang-ssi, but I don't need anyone to remind me how dangerous this damn city can be,” I said sarcastically.

He sighed and went closer to me. “I'm serious, Dara-ssi. Just so you know, you're still new here. Had somebody told you already about Seoul, let alone about this university?”

That made me pause. I sighed, looking down as I held the bridge of my nose with my fingers. He was right, anyway. So far, Bom and CL only told me bits—about BIGBANG, that is.

But wait, isn't Taeyang part of BIGBANG? CL warned me that I shouldn't be close with them as much as possible . . .

“You can trust me,” Taeyang said gently, as if he heard what I was thinking. “Maybe I can tell you some stuff you need.”

“Are you a mind-reader or something?” I asked him absentmindedly. He chuckled.

“Oh, no. But they say I'm sort of one. Wait—do you still have any class, Dara?”

“Well, yeah. Psychology at Room 302.”

“Cool! Well, we have the same class, so do you mind me walking with me?”

He suddenly looked shy as he said those words, and I chuckled. “Okay, fine.”

He smiled widely, and I almost felt like melting into a pool of goo at his charming eye-smile.

He smirked, seeing my reaction, and led me to our next class. And needless to say, he was actually fun to be with. He shared some stuff about his favorite books and movies, chuckling when he realized we shared some of our favorites.

But why he didn't tell me about the stuff that I need to know?