Chapter 112 - Heavy Losses - Part 2

Jiang Xu quickly kneeled down, his expression flustered: "Your Majesty! My son is guilty! My son is guilty!" As long as the Emperor investigate, he would discover the truth behind this matter. He had already warned Jiang Nan to not go overboard but after all, he was still young and reckless. The army was sent out so how could he return without any achievements? This was why such a great disaster happened! Even though in the past thousand years, countless military warriors has done the same in killing and misreporting their military achievements. Compared to those, Jiang Nan's action was considered trivial. But that would be the case if today's assassination attempt didn't happen.

The Crown Prince quickly said: "Imperial Father, General Wu Wei is young and reckless and have provoked Father, please pardon him! If you kill him, wouldn't this cause the public to feel bitterly disappointed and no one would dare by loyal to our country!"

After the Crown Prince spoke, the bunch of subjects that kept silent like winter cicadas, all stood out and talked to plead for Jiang Nan's pardon.

Even the paled-face Empress by Consort Lian's side put in a word: "Your Majesty, let's not talk about how Jiang Nan was young and reckless or coveted military achievements which caused this disaster, but let's consider how the Murongs' incident had passed for years and how Jiang Nan just saved Your Majesty. Let's consider it as atoning for his crime, what benefits would there be in investigating a meritorious subject?"

Consort Lian's expression couldn't be controlled as it inevitably turned white. She even had to hide her fingers in her sleeve in order to not let others notice her whole body was shaking. She would have never expected that the deaths of the Murong royalties and supporters were nothing in the eyes of these people! As for misreporting military achievement, it was simply nothing! The Emperor was hesitant and his expression was not as determined as before!

Li Min De whispered to Li Wei Yang's ears: "About the other matter ---"

Li Wei Yang shook her head. If they brought up the matter of the mansion now, the Emperor would become suspicious and question why was everything implicating the Jiangs. The oversensitive him would certainly believe someone was deliberately setting everything up and the target was the Jiangs. As a result, that mansion, couldn't be brought up.

Now, what should be done? Li Wei Yang was looking at the inner court and then her glance suddenly fell onto Li Xiao Ran. Miraculously, Li Xiao Ran was actually looking at his own daughter. But it wasn't Li Wei Yang that he was looking at, instead it was Li Chang Le.

At this moment, Li Chang Le was gazing at Li Xiao Ran with a plead for help. It was obvious she hoped that he would speak for the Jiangs. As relation by marriage, Li Xiao Ran would definitely do this. Jiang Yue Lan by his side was also staring at him.

Li Wei Yang observed Li Xiao Ran's ever-changing expressions. He stepped forth and was ready to speak.

Li Min De frowned but Li Wei Yang blinked her eyes towards him to tell him to stay calm.

Li Xiao Ran deplored: "Your Majesty, even though General Wu Wei is not old, he has vigorously and effectively carried out his assignments. He has courage and capability and he dares to act on his thoughts. He is certainly a hard to come by talent.

The Emperor forcefully asked: "Then you are agreeing with his actions?"

Li Xiao Ran sighed and spoke his crucial words: "Your subject does not mean this. His killing of the Murong clan was deception. However, over the years, he had won over forty battles and wherever you go, you'll see the results left behind by the Jiangs' military. Perhaps, this is what the young general have cudgeled his brains and showed his loyalty to manage stabilizing the situation so that the country wouldn't be in chaos. Your subject dare say that if it was someone else, this would have been worse. No one can do better!" What he aimed for was all done in these words of praise. It was mainly words that praised Jiang Nan. But the Emperor's expression changed and unexpectedly turned worse.

Li Wei Yang noticed this and kept her head down as she hid her smile. Li Xiao Ran had served the Emperor for years so he completely understood his temper. Since the Emperor was hesitant, he applauded Jiang Nan up to the skies that he was a hero sent from the Heavens and without him, the country would fall. If this was used on an ordinary emperor, Jiang Nan would certainly be safe. But this Emperor was very different that his suspicions have reached out of the ordinary boundaries. If Li Xiao Ran scolded Jiang Nan and made the Emperor believed his words were too severe and felt sympathy towards his subject and then pleaded for him after, then this matter could have trivialized. However, Li Xiao Ran must greatly praised Jiang Nan that he had reminded the Emperor what he detested the most and considered a taboo. The Emperor would definitely be enraged. Li Wei Yang predicted that Li Xiao Ran was different from Consort Lian. He must have known what the Emperor resented the most!