Chapter 165 - Above The Wedding Hall - Part 2

At this time, the Ninth Princess pulled Li Wei Yang into the bridal chamber. Inside, there were several noble madams who were close to the royal family. When they saw the Ninth Princess and Li Wei Yang, they quickly stood up and paid their respects. The Ninth Princess waved her hand, walked over happily, and said to the bride: "Are you my seventh sister-in-law?"

The bride had just taken off her head covering, and she had a breathtakingly beautiful face. There is a light layer of rouge on her cheeks, which sets off her snow-white complexion, just like the rising clouds in the morning, so delicate and lovely that it makes people wondering if it will break if it's blown. Coupled with the slender eyebrows and the thick lashes, her large and clear phoenix eyes made people feel she's even more beautiful.

The Ninth Princess praised: "People say Princess Pinting is beautiful, but I have never had the chance to meet you. I have always been curious about what you look like. When I saw you today, I realized that seeing in person is better than listening to stories. You are even more beautiful than your reputation says!"

Hearing this, Pinting immediately laughed, showing her white teeth, and her beautiful phoenix eyes reflected a friendly light as she said, "Are you Jiu Mei?"

The Ninth Princess nodded. She was going to get married soon. Unfortunately, because the Empress suddenly died, she had to wait for three years. Fortunately, she was still young. Consort Rou was very happy to keep her for two more years, so she asked the Emperor to delay the marriage for the time. The Duke of Luo agreed, seeing that the engagement was finalized and could not be cancelled. In this way, the Ninth Princess suddenly felt like a wild horse running free.

Pinting saw Li Wei Yang and there was a hint of curiosity in her beautiful eyes: "Who is this?"

The Ninth Princess hurriedly said: "You were not in the capital before, so you don't know her. This is Princess Anping, the adopted daughter of the Empress Dowager."

Li Wei Yang is indeed the adopted daughter of the Empress Dowager in name, so there is no reason why she would not come to see the bride. In addition, she couldn't refuse the Ninth Princess, so she came with her, thinking that she would leave as soon as they saw the bride. This was to the best of etiquette, so that the bride wouldn't feel unhappy considering the rumors and gossip in the capital about Wei Yang and Tuoba Yu. But Pinting smiled without any grudge, stood up on her own initiative, and saluted Li Wei Yang: "Greetings to imperial aunt."

This time, Li Wei Yang was surprised. Princess Pinting raised her head and said: "Since she is the adopted daughter of the Empress Dowager, she is the aunt of me and the Seventh Prince. Proper respect cannot be ignored no matter what." There was no trace of impurity in her smile at this moment, it was that kind of pure joy.

For some reason, Li Wei Yang suddenly felt that Princess Pinting looked very much like a person, a friend she was very familiar with. Involuntarily, her eyes turned a little red. Pinting looked at her, confused at first, and then she seemed to have thought of something. She immediately showed a guilty expression, suddenly stopped smiling, and turned to the people around her: "You all should go out first. Just leave them here to accompany me."

 The people next to Princess Pinting looked at each other, and the Ninth Princess said quickly: "Didn't you hear what seventh sister-in-law said? Everyone, go out."

After hearing this, everyone immediately stood up and left one after another, leaving only Princess Pinting's confidants present.

Pinting glanced at Li Wei Yang, and there was a very uneasy look on her face. This look was not faked at all, but came from the worry in her heart. She went up and grabbed Li Wei Yang's hand and said: "I stole your marriage, right? I told my father, I don't want this but he said there was no other choice! Wei Yang, I didn't mean to—"