Chapter 147 - Commandery Princess Anping - Part 2

The Empress Dowager stared at her. There was a strange light in her eyes. She couldn't reply for a long time.

No way! Were there people who dared to say no to the Empress Dowager? And to say it with such seriousness! Without hesitation! She couldn't help but laugh.

Once, before she got married, she had also said 'I don't want to'.

When she was a young girl, she thought that the world was at her fingertips. Her father was rising steadily through the ranks and all was well. Although she was not as good as the royal family, she was still a proud daughter of heaven.

Her mother had always said that with her daughter's character and family background, she couldn't marry just anyone. It had to be the best. She also thought the same at that time.

In the end, she was married into the palace. She married the true son of Heaven. The Emperor. There was no one more prominent than him in the world. However, she was unwilling to marry into the palace because she already had someone in her heart.

She still remembered the appearance of the man from back then. Their first meeting was when she fell down accidentally and her clothes got caught in some branches. He helped her up. She vividly remembered when she first caught sight of his handsome face. The man softly called her name with a warm smile. At that moment, she developed feelings for this cousin of hers, her face turning red with a blush.

She assumed that based on the friendship between the two families, he would definitely belong to her as a husband. The pair had agreed to be together.

Unfortunately, when she said she was unwilling to enter the palace, her doting father gave her a slap in the face.

With no mind for the costs, she arranged to elope with that man. It was said that all the world belonged to the imperial family. However, the Emperor's reach only extended to the borders of Dali. What power did the Emperor's edict hold outside of Dali! No one could do anything to them if they escaped.

However, that night, the man did not come. She hated him for breaking his promise and in a fit of anger, she married into the palace.

Although she ended up living a good life that was rich, carefree and superior, she felt hopeless and without joy.

However, about ten years after she married in, she found out that her cousin never married and died from depression.

That night, the man did not come. Not because he didn't want to but because he couldn't.

When he opened his door to escape, he saw his biological parents and hundreds of relatives kneeling before him, begging him not to cause their family to be exterminated.

It was true that the pair could run away but then, what would happen to the two families? How could all of them run away?

Thus, he could not elope with her.

Later, as she gradually ascended to the position of Empress Dowager, she understood that there was no such thing as "being unwilling". In this world, one has to be willing and has to agree happily even if it is against her will.

How can one possibly reject Imperial Favour just because they don't want it. How ridiculous!

She didn't expect that after so many years, a girl would kneel in front of her and clearly say the words "I don't want to".

Even the Emperor's beloved Ninth Princess did not dare to say these four words when faced with a marriage she did not want. How imprudent of this wench, Li Wei Yang!

The Empress Dowager stared at her and said slowly: "Do you know what are you talking about?"

The Empress Dowager was originally going to confer the marriage in the banquet hall, However she thought that she should say something to Li Wei Yang in advance in order for Li Wei Yang to know her place.