Chapter 178 - Taigong Fishing - Part 1

t/n: The title of this chapter is a reference to an old legend. Even for small children in China, they know the story of the stategist Jiang Taigong. As an advisor of King Wen of the Zhou State in ancient China, he helped the young King overthrow the Shang Dynasty and established the Zhou Dynasty. Jiang Taigong lived near the Weishui River about 3000 years ago. The area was the feudal estate of Count Ji Chang. Jiang Taigong knew Ji Chang was very ambitious so he hoped to get Ji's attention. He often went fishing on the Weishui River, but he would fish in an unusual way. He hung a straight fishhook, without bait, three feet above the water. He often said to himself, "Fish, if you don't want to live anymore, come and swallow the hook yourself." Soon his strange way of fishing was reported to Ji Chang, who sent a soldier to fetch him. Jiang Taigong  just said, "Fishing, fishing, the big fish hasn't been hooked. A shrimp is up to mischief." The soldier reported it to Ji Chang, and he became more interested. Ji Chang sent an official to invite Jiang Taigong this time. Jiang said the sentence again, "Fishing, fishing, the big fish hasn't been hooked. A shrimp is up to mischief." Then Ji Chang realized that Jiang Taigong may be a great talent so he went to invite Jiang himself. Jiang saw his sincere desire and decided to help him. Jiang helped him and his son turn over the Shang Dynasty. 

Today, people use this old idiom to describe someone who willingly falls in a trap or does something regardless of the result.

_________________________________________________________________

When Grand Prince Xu arrived at the banquet, he was surrounded by a bunch of people. It was difficult to get out of the crowd, especially the ladies who were staring at him and blocking his sight. By the time he got rid of this group of people, it was already an hour later. At this moment, the crowd finally dispersed, looking for people close to them to drink and chat. He looked around for Li Wei Yang, and after a lot of effort, he found that she had dismissed her entourage and was sitting alone under a willow tree on the shore.

Noticing that someone was coming, Li Wei Yang turned around slightly, and when she saw it was him, she smiled slightly.

"Your Highness Prince Xu, long time no see?"

Li Wei Yang's smile was as usual, as if they had never been separated. In an instant, Yuan Lie felt his heart beating. He couldn't help but stepped forward and whispered: "I've been looking for you for a long time."

Li Wei Yang just smiled softly, and there seemed to be a flash of light in her eyes: "I know." After saying that, her eyelashes trembled slightly, and she lowered her eyes in time, so he did not see any change in her expression.

Yuan Lie felt that his heart was trembling slightly, and he didn't know how much effort it would take to restrain the quivering all over his body. He suppressed his emotions forcefully and sat down on the rock next to her.

Li Wei Yang looked at him. Today, Yuan Lie is no longer the young man following behind her. He has a golden crown on his hair and his face is still handsome, but he looks more noble and extraordinary. In her memory, he seemed to be stuck in the past, but in fact, their identities now were completely different from those in the past.

"I thought he would let you return to your position." Li Wei Yang said softly.

Yuan Lie clenched his palms tightly, and his nails almost dug into his palms. The pain finally made him feel more awake. He whispered: "I like this position." When the Emperor asked him if he wanted to return to the position of imperial prince, he shook his head. In this position, he could do what he wanted to do more freely. The so-called Imperial Family identity was nothing to him.

The wind blew gently, and a few strands of hair strayed across Li Wei Yang's face, but she still had a smile in her eyes: "Aren't you curious how I became the daughter of the Guo family?"