Chapter 148 - Princess of Yuexi - Part 1

It was May and it was already a bit hot in the capital.

In the past two years, there have been numerous pavilions built in the suburbs. Many prominent people owned villas in the suburbs so people usually vacation here during the heat waves.

Among them, Princess Yongning's Chang'an Pool was the most eye-catching.

This pool was sited in a twenty-mile radius of land. The scenery was natural and gorgeous with meandering waterscapes, soaring pavilions, blooming gardens, sloping bridges and elegant passageways. It was all very dazzling.

Princess Yongning specially invited the Ninth Princess and Li Wei Yang to visit the newly built garden.

The reason why Li Wei Yang was invited was because she was the adopted daughter that the Empress Dowager had just canonized.

She was a very popular figure in the capital right now, so even Princess Yongning was very close to her.

To be honest, Li Wei Yang was shocked by the Empress Dowager's decision.

She didn't expect that her words would bring about such a result.

"So, I guess from now on, you're considered my aunt..." The Ninth Princess had a strange look on his face.

Princess Yongning was a serious person, however she couldn't help laughing. Her slightly skinny face looked rather lively: "Yes, Wei Yang's seniority is far above ours. Now, you are my father's younger sister."

Li Wei Yang still felt a sense of absurdity regarding this situation. However, she understood the reason why the Empress Dowager did this.

Her identity needed to be changed. Even if it was just a difference in seniority, it was necessary to stop Tuoba Yu's actions. No matter how arrogant he was, no matter how much he likes her, he couldn't break through such a hierarchy barrier.

The Empress Dowager had ruthlessly cut off all possibility of this marriage. The Seventh Prince, Tuoba Yu, was not happy with this development.

"Wei Yang, seventh brother is very angry. He has refused to enter the palace recently. He even refused to come when the Empress Dowager summoned him. He has never done something like this before." The Ninth Princess said softly.

Li Wei Yang smiled slightly and said: "His Imperial Highness, the Seventh Prince will figure it out soon."

She took a look at the scenery in the garden and nodded.

This garden contained lots of pavilions as well as countless famous flowers and plants. There were golden pines and forest trees from TaiZhou, crabapples and laurels from Zhoushan, magnolia and bayberries from Tangcheng, and even sequoias, rhododendrons, red beans, and cherry blossoms from Jinzhou.

If one wanted to collect them all in their garden, it would probably cost a lot of money.

The Ninth Princess touched a crab-apple tree and couldn't help but say in admiration: "I have to say third brother is indeed very capable. He actually made the garden that his father ordered him to build so beautiful. Knowing that the Emperor liked these trees, he traveled thousands of miles in order to find them."

Li Wei Yang smiled and said: "That's true, the third prince has taken a lot of trouble."

Tuoba Zhen was good at pleasing people. If he wanted to, he could pamper someone to high heaven. However, if he was grumpy, he could make someone feel like they were in hell.

He definitely did all in his means to win over Princess Yongning. The Emperor and Empress had always felt guilty about Yongning, hence they wanted to give her all the best. If he did his job well, he would definitely get in her good graces.