Chapter 155 - Big Day - Part 2

For the next several minutes, not a single person spoke. The atmosphere was stifling to the extreme. Everyone's eyes shifted between Yongning, Li Wei Yang, and the Ninth Princess, not knowing what was happening. In the past, the three of them were talking and laughing wherever they were. Although Yongning was aloof and reserved, she was still quite friendly to Li Wei Yang, but today Princess Yongning seemed unable to raise her head and kept looking down at her handkerchief, while Li Wei Yang's eyes were looking at the singing and dancing in front of them, the Ninth Princess seemed embarrassed.

Everyone exchanged glances with each other, but did not dare to speak. Just at this time, voices from the flower shed nearby came faintly through the thin walls.

"Look at Princess Anping and Princess Yongning, something seems to be wrong! What's going on?"

"I guess it's because of the marriage!"

"Yes, Princess Yongning took advantage of being His Majesty's eldest daughter to steal the marriage that originally belonged to Princess Anping!"

"Ah, you mean-"

"Hush - you don't know. I originally heard that the person they discussed marriage for was Li Wei Yang! Both the Empress Dowager and His Majesty agreed, and even Prime Minister Li went back to prepare for the marriage!"

"What, then how did the bride become Princess Yongning?"

"Don't you understand? Yongning is the emperor's daughter after all. Any man she wants she must have!"

"But look at her, she is so old and has been married before, how can she have the nerve to steal someone else's marriage? Moreover, Princess Anping has always been very aggressive, and doesn't even care about her legal mother or her grandfather's family. How arrogant is she? Why is she so silent this time? Isn't it strange?"

"Who knows about imperial affairs! But having said that, His Highness Grand Prince Yan is really handsome! If you marry him and become Grand Princess Yan, it will be a wonderful thing indeed. No wonder even Princess Yongning is tempted!"

The garden shed next door must have never imagined that this shed is so thin that when they speak, everyone can hear it clearly. All the wealthy ladies in the shed had stiff expressions and didn't know what to say.

Lu Bing, who had been pressured before, now caught the clue and raised her eyebrows and said with a smile: "Really, these people are so mean and dare to talk about the imperial family. After all, only a princess with a noble status can be worthy of His Highness Grand Prince Yan. We who are crude and lowly don't even dare to think about it."

The Ninth Princess thought to herself, this girl's mouth is really poisonous. Now she has not only provoked Li Wei Yang, but also irritated Princess Yongning. Who doesn't know what Li Wei Yang's original background is, and who doesn't know that the princess took away someone else's marriage? Lu Bing said this, making it clear that Li Wei Yang was from a humble background and could not be compared with the princess. She also instigated Princess Yongning to become angry and deal with Li Wei Yang.

Unexpectedly, Li Wei Yang did not accept the provocation and still looked at the song and dance performance coldly without saying a word, but Yongning's face changed drastically. She suddenly stood up, raised her palm and slapped Lu Bing. Lu Bing was completely stunned. She didn't know how she offended Yongning. She just wanted Princess Yongning to teach Li Wei Yang a lesson! Why did she get slapped instead? She was completely dumbfounded, but she heard Yongning coldly say: "What is your identity? Are you free to discuss royal matters?" After saying that, she turned around and said, "Go and write down the names and identities of the people in the shed next door. Tomorrow I will report their words and deeds to my father and punish them one by one!"