Chapter 153 - The Dust Has Settled - Part 2

The feast began. All kinds of delicacies were brought to the table like flowing water, and the maids at each table cleverly warmed the wine and served dishes for the concubines, court officials, and madams.

Sun Yanjun laughed in a low voice and said: "Wei Yang, did you see the look on Prince Yan's face? He really deserves it. He was so arrogant in Dali. He deserves to marry this female tiger and go back to deal with her. But isn't Princess Yongning a little older? Grand Prince Yan is probably seven or eight years younger than her—"

Li Wei Yang sighed and said: "Everyone knows this matter well, but have you seen anyone bring it up? Not to mention seven or eight years old, even if it is ten or twenty years old, why not? Haven't you heard, in the previous dynasty, Empress Fang's wet nurse was already over seventy, and Empress Fang was worried that she would be lonely when in her old age, so she actually married her off to a forty year old widower, Shang Shu. This is the imperial family, and you cannot refuse. His Majesty's previous tolerance to Yuexi was all for the sake of forming an alliance, but Grand Prince Yan violated his bottom line. "

"But this marriage is too mismatched."

"That's why I say that His Imperial Highness, Grand Prince Yan, is really tolerant and deserves to be admired!" Li Wei Yang's smile seemed to be filled with infinite tenderness, which made Sun Yanjun look a little stunned. She always felt that Li Wei Yang's appearance was too cold. Although she was beautiful, she lacked the charisma that would cause others to be moved by her beauty. Now that she looked at her smile, it was completely different from before.

Tuoba Yu on the opposite side also looked at Li Wei Yang from a distance. His eyes never left her face. Her features are picturesque and her appearance is like jade. In the eyes of outsiders, her beautiful appearance is not very alluring, but in Tuoba Yu's view, her eyes like ancient wells or the bright moon are enough to make up for this. She may not be as beautiful as Li Changle, maybe not as charming as Consort Lian, maybe not be as stunning as Princess Anguo... but she is incomparable, at least, in his eyes, extraordinarily unique.

If it weren't for the Empress Dowager's obstruction, now she'd have become his princess consort. There would have been no need for him to stare foolishly at her from afar. But so what if she was his aunt? As long as he gets everything, she will naturally not be able to escape. Tuoba Yu didn't realize that his eyes had become predatory. In fact, it even made Li Wei Yang notice it. She lightly glanced at him, but Tuoba Yu only smiled and acted as if nothing had happened.

Just that one glance had caused Li Wei Yang to be slightly shocked. In her impression, Tuobayu is always noble and proud. He may admire her, but he disdains to use despicable means to seize her. However, just now, what kind of look did she see? It was so terrifying — her smile slowly froze on her lips.

Princess Anguo sat with a smile on her face, accepting everyone's congratulations. Tuoba Zhen returned to his seat and immediately attracted envious eyes.

Princess Anguo is the beloved daughter of Empress Pei of Yuexi, and everyone knows this. Although she is arrogant, proud, and willful, in the eyes of men, no matter how wild a horse is, it will eventually be tamed. This Princess Anguo looked noble and lofty, and was connected with powerful people of Yuexi. When she came to Dali, everyone knew that she wanted to find a prince consort. Anyone with some status in Dali was eager to try, but in the end no one could catch her eye. But in an instant, she became the third prince's consort.

"No woman from a well-known family, with any knowledge, would choose a ruthless man like the Third Prince. He only has his own interests in his eyes and no emotions. So what if she's Princess Anguo or the daughter of Empress Pei. Yuexi is thousands of miles away and cannot protect her. How can the status of a consort guarantee her favor?" Sun Yanjun shook her head, her eyes were smart and cunning, and she walked around the hall with her clear eyes shining brightly and she covered her lips with a fan and whispered.