Chapter 167 - Boiling Oil - Part 1

Everything happened so suddenly, it could be said that they were caught off guard. Everyone was stunned and allowed Aunt Dong to run out, shouting loudly. Soon, the guards rushed in. Aunt Dong pointed at Consort Lian and Li Wei Yang and said: "It's... it's them, it must be them!" She said loudly: "What are you still doing? Take them down quickly!"

The long swords in the hands of the guards were all unsheathed, and a cold light surrounded them.

The Ninth Princess was completely stunned. She didn't know what happened, how the Empress Dowager died suddenly, and how Aunt Dong, whom she always respected, could accuse Consort Lian and Li Wei Yang of being the murderers: "What on earth are you talking about? I...I don't understand-"

Consort Lian's face turned pale, and a chill surged in her heart. She staggered back, her feet tripped on something, and she almost fell to the ground. She was so embarrassed: "You... you..." She was frightened by such a sudden change and lost her original calm.

Li Wei Yang suddenly understood.

Those cold eyes still come to mind, Tuoba Zhen... It turns out that your first move was against me. You had already hidden yourself from others in the palace, bribed Aunt Dong, and had her secretly poison the Empress Dowager. Then you had her accuse Consort Lian and herself of being culprit, laying out killing moves overtly and covertly, forcing everyone to fall into the trap. In fact, even if it wasn't the death of the Empress Dowager, it could be something else. Since Tuoba Zhen wanted to target her, he definitely prepared more than just such a thing!

Li Wei Yang sneered, and Consort Lian stood up suddenly, staring at the guards: "I am His Majesty's concubine, and I want to see His Majesty! You can't condemn me like this!"

Aunt Dong looked at Consort Lian condescendingly, her eyes cold and said: "Your Highness, you still haven't admitted your wrongs. Do you think His Majesty will forgive you after knowing this?"

Looking at the guards holding sharp blades, Consort Lian's voice was already breaking: "How dare you!"

"Consort Lian, you and Princess Anping secretly plotted to poison the Empress Dowager. What are your intentions?!" The smile on Aunt Dong's face was twisted and hideous. She no longer looked calm as before: "I advise you to reveal the mastermind as soon as possible so that I won't waste any time!"

Li Wei Yang suddenly sneered. Aunt Dong looked at her in surprise. Wei Yang walked closer to her, but before she could react, she saw Li Wei Yang pull the hairpin out of her hair, and with a flip of her hand, the sharp hairpin had pierced Aunt Dong's throat. Aunt Dong had no idea that Li Wei Yang was so ruthless. Before she had time to shout for help, she had already collapsed to the ground.

Everyone was intimidated by the unexpected actions of the weak-looking Princess Anping. The group of guards were about to rush over and kill her on the spot, but they heard Li Wei Yang shouting sternly: "Aunt Dong has poisoned the Empress Dowager! Get into formation! As for the others, hurry up and take them down!"

The guards only heard the sound of wind, and before they could react, they were surrounded by a group of soldiers who rushed in from outside the palace. All of these people were wearing iron armor and carrying swords. Their faces were expressionless, as if they had been there from the beginning. The guards who were stationed there could not help but have panic on their faces. One of them was just about to resist when his head was cut off. His head rolled far away and blood splashed out. No one dared to move again! They only heard Li Wei Yang say coldly: "Aunt Dong is dead. These people are all accomplices. Detain them all!"

The group of armored guards responded in unison, while Consort Lian and Ninth Princess looked at each other. Li Wei Yang threw away the hairpin in her hand and looked back at them: "Those people are coming soon. Do you want to go with me or continue to stay here?"