Chapter 153 - The Dust Has Settled - Part 1

At dawn, Princess Yongning broke into the palace and was already crying bitterly before she even entered the door.

After being shocked, the Emperor immediately said: "What are you doing?"

The chief eunuch followed closely, but did not have time to stop the princess. He felt uneasy that he should not be present at this occasion, but he did not dare to leave casually. He could only kneel on the ground and did not dare to say a word. The Emperor waved his hand, and he left immediately.

The Emperor frowned and asked, "What's wrong with you?"

Princess Yongning cried even more heavily, "When did your daughter become someone who can be bullied by others? Father, please make the decision for your daughter!"

The Emperor was stunned: "What happened?"

Yongning took a deep breath and glanced at the memorial on the Emperor's desk. She was very sensitive and immediately noticed the letter from Yuexi and was so enraged that she ignored the manners of a princess and reached up and swept it off the desk. It fell to the ground, and the Emperor's expression changed at once: "Yongning, why are you so rude!"

Princess Yongning changed her previous grievance and said angrily: "Father, you are the Emperor of a country. Your two daughters have been humiliated one after another, but you turned a blind eye for some bullshit alliance. Are you still our father?"

Although the Emperor didn't know what happened, when he saw the always aloof and serious Yongning looking like this, he guessed that something was unusual and immediately said: "I have killed the guard to vent the ninth princess' anger. Even if she was wronged, it was her fault first. You are the hosts, so you should be more generous. Why are you getting entangled with a sixteen-year-old girl? Just ignore her!"

Yongning cried: "Father, no matter how many times we tell you, you still don't believe it. Princess Anguo is not the cute little girl she pretends to be in front of you. It was her rudeness that started everything. She even whipped Jiu Mei. Third brother clearly saw it but pretended not to see it. The same goes for you, Father. Are you all bewitched by that girl? Or is it that our Dali Empire has declined to such an extent that even a Dali princess can be easily humiliated?!"

"Presumptuous!" the Emperor was furious. The Ninth Princess's willfulness is well known to the world. This matter must be handled in a low-key manner, otherwise outsiders will only think that two willful princesses are fighting. The two countries are at a critical juncture, and it will be even more embarrassing if something big happens! In the final analysis, the Emperor did not think much about this matter. In his opinion, it was just a dispute between two little girls. After all, those present were all the Ninth Princess and Yongning's people. The Ninth Princess had always been arrogant, and Yongning protected her sister. Afterwards, Tuoba Zhen said countless times that it was just a misunderstanding. How could the Emperor believe their words and accuse a princess of a foreign country?

However, Yongning refused to let it go, almost crying the makeup off her face: "Father, let's not talk about Jiu Mei for the moment. Did you know that a strange man suddenly entered your daughter's room last night and even slept on your daughter's bed?"

The Emperor looked at Princess Yongning in shock and was almost speechless. He could understand every word she said separately, but why couldn't he understand them all together? What does it mean? What does it mean to enter her room and sleep in her bed? Who dares to have such courage! How dare you insult his eldest daughter!?

Princess Yongning sat down on the stool behind her, pointed to the document on the ground, and said: "Father, you only know peace talks and alliances, but you have abandoned your daughter! Have you forgotten that when the Duke of Ying was confident that he was the savior of the country and held military power, he gradually became arrogant and domineering. He was no longer that respectful or loyal to you, and since you wanted to get rid of him, you married me to him as a pawn. Because of this marriage, I lost my future, but I don't resent you, because you said that I am an imperial princess, and I have to pay the price for enjoying such luxury. After the death of Prince Consort Ma, even though I knew it wasn't from an illness, I still pretended to know nothing, because I always remembered that I was a princess and your daughter! But you, how do you treat me? You sold me once, and now you're going to abandon me like a broken shoe..."