Chapter 169 - Eternal Disaster - Part 2

On the sixth day of the lunar month, the Empress Dowager's funeral was held. Since the morning, heavy snow had been falling all over the capital. The wind stirred up the snow and the snow wrapped in the wind, seeming to mirror the currently restless atmosphere of the imperial court. As far as the eye could see, the palace was filled with white drapes, white screens, white tables, and white mourning dresses. A cold wind blew, and a series of weeping sounds could be heard.

When Li Wei Yang entered the main hall, what she saw was this scene. There were not only the Emperor's children, but also Consort Rou, Consort Lian and other concubines in the palace. Their tears seemed to be endless. When the Empress died a few days ago, they mourned for three days and three nights. Now they still have to mourn. Not only do they have to mourn, but they also have to cry in a dramatic fashion. However, these people may have been crying for too long and too much, and they can no longer squeeze out tears. So, rather than saying they were crying, it would be more accurate to say they were howling. But no matter whether it is real crying or fake crying, there is still no flaw in the appearance.

Li Wei Yang stood among the crowd, covering her face with a handkerchief. In fact, the Empress Dowager was not very kind to her. After all, she had schemed against her several times, but it was not too unreasonable. After Princess Yongning got married, the Empress Dowager had repeatedly tried to find her to rebuild burned bridges. Obviously this old woman was not that cruel and heartless. Perhaps the older a person gets, the more they feel that killing is endless and they hope for things to calm things. However, the Empress Dowager would never have imagined that Tuoba Zhen would poison her for the throne, and Tuoba Yu would ignore it in order to prove his brother's crime. At that time, Li Wei Yang could have kept the court lady who poisoned the Empress Dowager, but the situation was too chaotic. She couldn't predict the consequences of keeping this person alive. If she escaped and went out to publicize the Empress Dowager's death, she would also suffer. It was an unnecessary disaster, so Wei Yang simply ended it with one blow, but this also left a hidden danger. Now no one can prove who poisoned the Empress Dowager.

Tuoba Yu had been looking at Li Wei Yang from a distance, his eyes deep. Since that separation in the palace, he hasn't had the chance to see her, but he knows that she is safe, which is already good.

Li Wei Yang suddenly raised her eyes, and her gaze collided with Tuoba Yu's unintentionally. Tuoba Yu only felt that there seemed to be some shining light that illuminated the dim hall for an instant. He couldn't help but feel a little moved, and even wanted to reach out and hold her in his arms.

"Your Highness?" A woman's voice sounded next to him. Tuoba Yu suddenly woke up from his thoughts and looked back, seeing a beautiful face. "You don't look good. Are you feeling unwell?"

Princess Pinting's face was full of worry, but Tuoba Yu just looked at her coldly: "I'm fine."

Princess Pinting glanced in the direction of Li Wei Yang, feeling slightly sad, but she had to suppress this emotion and said softly: "That's good."

His Highness Seventh Prince likes Princess Anping. This matter has long been known to everyone. For this reason, Pinting had tried to stop this marriage. Unfortunately, many things are uncontrollable. If possible, Pinting doesn't want to be caught between the two of them, but - Wei Yang said that she has never liked Tuoba Yu, so can she hope that when Tuoba Yu gives up on Wei Yang, he will pay attention to her, who has been standing by his side? Princess Pinting didn't realize that her thoughts were so naive. She had been raised by Chaoyang King and was full of optimism for everything, but she didn't know that a person's heart can't be won just by working hard.

At this moment, there was a slight stir from the front of the crowd, and they heard someone exclaim: "My lady, are you alright?"

Li Wei Yang raised her eyes and saw that Consort Lian, who had been kneeling in front, had collapsed. Everyone hurriedly helped her to the side hall. Consort Lian slowly woke up, lifted her eyelids, and glanced at everyone. "I'm fine, I'm just too sad."