Chapter 154 - Hidden Dirt & Evil - Part 1

On the fifth day of May, the wedding of the third prince to Princess Anguo became a major event in the capital. The streets from the city gate to the palace were decorated with lanterns and the Emperor of Yuexi sent people to deliver countless gifts and gold, silver, and jewelry, totaling five hundred loads, which dazzled everyone. In order to give her beloved daughter the utmost glory, Empress Pei specially gave her a sedan made of gold and jade. Sixteen people were needed to carry it, and the pomp even surpassed that of Empress of Dali's carriage. Despite this, Emperor Dali still granted permission for Princess Anguo to use this sedan chair. This is a very rare grace since the founding of Dali.

According to tradition, the third prince Tuoba Zhen set out from the newly renovated Third Prince's Mansion, surrounded by everyone, and went to the palace to meet Princess Anguo. Because the inn was too ordinary, Princess Anguo was not satisfied, so the Emperor of Dali allowed her to enter the palace for the marriage. When the procession arrived at the palace, they continued to move forward without stopping until they reached Chongwen Hall. Tuoba Zhen dismounted and kowtowed to the hall from a distance. In the Chongwen Hall, the Emperor and Empress were sitting with smiles on their faces, waving for them to move on.

Princess Anguo had a special status. The Emperor specially selected ten women with prominent backgrounds and noble status in Dali to accompany her for the wedding ceremony. They started from dressing up in the morning and ended in the evening. Li Wei Yang is also among these ten people, and she is the most noble one, the adopted daughter of the Empress Dowager.

Princess Anguo was sitting in front of the mirror, wearing a pure red dress with butterfly sleeves and coral buttons. A beautiful phoenix pattern was embroidered on the hem. A priceless white jade pendant was tied with a green silk ribbon, drooping three inches in long tassels.

In the bronze mirror, the image of ten beautiful women behind her were reflected. However, she did not look at them all, but just stared at the silent and calm Li Wei Yang among them. Then, Princess Anguo laughed softly. Li Wei Yang, so what if Tuoba Zhen really likes you, the one he is going to marry today is me!

At this moment, the eunuch outside shouted loudly: "Welcome the bride!"

When the time came, Consort Xi immediately came to cover Princess Anguo with a wedding veil but the princess shook her head and rejected her offer. Instead, she walked over, took Li Wei Yang's hand, and timidly said: "Is it alright if I call you Aunt?" This manner of address was very familiar. If others didn't know, they would think that she and Li Wei Yang were very close.

Her slender fingers tightly grasped Li Wei Yang's, as if they were about to sink into her flesh. Li Wei Yang looked calm and smiled: "Of course."

Princess Anguo appeared uneasy, like any ordinary bride: "Can you please personally escort me to the sedan chair?" Of course, it was Consort Xi who was suppose to escort the bride to the sedan chair. However Princess Anguo said this as if she was uneasy and needed the company of someone she knew so the others didn't pay too much attention to it.

Li Wei Yang seemed unaware of Princess Anguo's thoughts and smiled: "Princess, please."

Princess Anping personally sent the bride off. When she reached the door, Princess Anguo lowered her voice and said, "Li Wei Yang, I know Tuoba Zhen really loves you very much."

Li Wei Yang's face remained unchanged and she reminded: "Princess, be careful where you step."

Princess Anguo sneered and said, "But now I am his princess, and you will be an old aunt for the rest of your life."

Li Wei Yang seemed not to understand, but said softly: "Princess, are you feeling uncomfortable somewhere? It's not good to go to the toilet at this time."