Chapter 144 - Adding Insult to Injury - Part 2

Li Wei Yang sneered in her heart, but her face was calm. Although she had contributed to the Jiang family's disaster, it was in fact Jiang Hua who brought it upon himself.

If he hadn't colluded with foreign countries first, how could he have reached this point?

Jiang Lan turning her anger on the Li family was simply sad and ridiculous. But then again, Li Wei Yang coming here was not because she wanted to express condolences. Nope, she had merely considered it a trip to accompany the old Madam.

She wasn't interested in looking at the misery of the Jiang House.

So she said calmly: "Old madam, let's go, why bother being an unwelcome guest!"

Old Madam Li considered her words and turned coldly to Butler Zhou. "Please keep the gift, we are returning!"

As soon as the Li family members stood up to go, they heard a sarcastic laugh.

"You're all really brave to come!" After sneering, Jiang Lan, dressed in plain clothes appeared at the door. Behind her, there were hurried footsteps.

Butler Zhou's face became pale. He was originally afraid of conflicts and wanted to send the Li family away quietly, but he didn't expect Concubine Jiang to know about it anyway!.

In the hurry and chaos, more than thirty fully armed guards of the Prince's Palace surrounded the people in the central hall.

Old Madam Li's expression suddenly changed, and there was anger in her eyes: "Concubine Jiang, what are you doing!"

Jiang Lan's hair was combed smoothly, and she only wore a white velvet flower. Although her face was very dull, those eyes shone with anger and hatred and they were staring right at the Li people.

After learning the bad news, she desperately ran back to the Jiang family to interrogate Jiang Hua.

It was only then that she learnt about the grudge between him and Li Wei Yang over the past year.

She realized that the downfall of the Jiang family must be inextricably linked to the ordinary-looking boudoir daughter in front of her.

Knowing this, how could she let her go so easily now!

"None of you can leave." Jiang Lan enunciated slowly.

Li Wei Yang laughed again in her heart like she had heard a joke. Her face was still calm, and her voice was cold: "You did not let us express our condolences and now, we are not allowed to leave? What is Concubine Jiang's intention? To imprison us and kill us?"

Jiang Lan did not expect that Li Wei Yang would not be afraid. Her expression changed.

"We just came to express our condolences. This is the polite thing to do. I wonder why Concubine Jiang stopped us?" Li Wei Yang said indifferently, not putting these guards with their long swords in her eye at all.

Jiang Lan sneered and said, "Li Wei Yang, let me put it plainly then. Everyone in my family was schemed to death by you. Don't you have to pay the price for this?"

Li Wei Yang smiled gently after hearing this. "Concubine Jiang is really joking. A massive thing happened in the Jiang family. I Wei Yang, just learnt about it this morning. Besides, it is said that the Mobei people also left a totem on my uncle's body. This is enough to prove that everything was done by the Mobei royal family. What does it have to do with me, a weak boudoir woman? You can't accuse me just because I had some disputes with my uncle and the other relatives. Just because of this unpleasantness, you accuse me of having such a great ability? If concubine Jiang had any evidence, you can directly tell the state prosecutor. Saying such things here is in vain."