Chapter 163 - Death In The Night - Part 1

The Emperor is such a suspicious person. Even if there was nothing wrong, he usually has to catch the wind and shadow, let alone when such a scene happened in front of him! It would have been better if Tuoba had not tried to defend himself back then. Now it was revealed how he trampled on the deposed prince, and his mask had been torn to pieces! Tuoba Zhen wholeheartedly thought that Li Wei Yang was dealing with the Empress and the Crown Prince, but he didn't realize her true purpose.

Li Weiyang's eyes flickered with a dim light, and she spoke slowly: "The Crown Prince was under house arrest, where did the poison he took come from?"

Zhang Dezi hesitated for a while, looked at the Emperor's face, and said: "This... servant dare not say it."

The Emperor was extremely angry and said sternly: "Speak!"

Zhang Dezi said tremblingly: "It's... it was a coiling dragon cyan jade wine jug sent by the Third Prince. The lid of the jug could be turned around; half of it contained wine, while the other half was sealed poison. Originally, the Third Prince sent it to the Crown Prince as a common treasure. This thing was said to be a forbidden item in the palace of the previous dynasty, which was very rare. Originally, the Crown prince liked it very much and often took it out to play with, but after being imprisoned, the wine jug was put on a shelf. At first, the Crown Prince didn't believe what the Third Prince had done, but over time he started to believe it when he saw that the Third Prince refused to come to visit. The more he thought about it, the more angry he got, and the more confused he became. Sometimes he couldn't even eat. And then, he somehow found this wine jug - filled it with water, and twisted the spout..."

In fact, Zhang Dezi personally dug out the jug and placed it in front of the prince, but of course he would not tell the Emperor this. He accepted a hundred taels of gold from a mysterious man, and as long as he finished playing the role of this loyal servant, he would be free. How could he not be willing?

Of course, he knew that the Third Prince would not let him go easily, but if the other party acted rashly against him, the whole world would know what Tuoba Zhen had done. This was simply announcing to the world that Tuoba Zhen had something to do with the death of the Crown Prince. Would he do something so stupid? Zhang Dezi believed not.

Li Wei Yang looked at Princess Anguo and smiled slightly. The smile was like a lake frozen for thousands of years. The coldness in her eyes seemed to be able to seep into every bone in the enemy's body. However, this smile seemed subtle to others.

Princess Anguo looked at Li Wei Yang and felt that the smile on her face was very scary. She shivered suddenly, as if a cold wind was approaching, and her heart was chilled. This woman, she must know everything. She designed everything. She dug the trap herself and waited for her and Tuoba Zhen to jump in! And she has clearly become the piece of meat hanging next to the trap, just waiting for Tuoba Zhen, the tiger, to take the bait!

Li Wei Yang saw that she had a strange look on her face and said calmly, "Princess, what's wrong with you?"

Princess Anguo took a step back, only to find that there was a wall behind her, and she was speechless for a moment.

There was a flash of anger in Tuoba Zhen's eyes, and he said hoarsely: "Father, although your son did not frame the prince, I failed to control the servants in my residence, causing them to neglect the Crown Prince's envoys. Please punish me father."

Li Wei Yang sneered. After all, Tuoba Zhen refused to admit his sins at all. But it doesn't matter whether he admits it or not, what matters is whether the Emperor believes it.

The look in the Emperor's eyes was suspicious. His inquiring gaze fell on Tuoba Zhen, full of doubts, and even a hint of vigilance and disgust. At this time, a report from the guard suddenly came from outside: "Your Majesty, the deposed prince is gone."