Chapter 170 - Eternal Torment - Part 1

Consort Lian told Tuoba Zhen that Tuoba Yu had set up an ambush at Shizi Ridge to prevent him from returning. Tuoba Zhen sneered, Shizi Ridge? The soldiers had already scouted out the place earlier. The rebel army was located on the right side of the mountain and there were only two paths to go up. The steeper one was the Shizi Ridge, which had the shortest distance. The other, Chengtian Ridge, required a long detour. The news from Consort Lian came so naturally that Tuoba Zhen sneered and said, "Head out for Shizi Ridge."

The steward, Li Ping, was surprised. Tuoba Zhen no longer trusted anyone. Every day, he would only bring along the people his concubine mother had left behind. This time, Li Ping did not trust ordinary guards and accompanied him personally. Although Tuoba Zhen was unmoved on the surface, he was still somewhat moved in his heart. At this moment, Li Ping said with concern: "Your Highness, didn't you say that Consort Lian—"

"Li Wei Yang has already seen through Consort Lian's little tricks.At the beginning, I wanted to dig out something useful from her, but I discovered that Li Weiyang never revealed any important information to her. It had been like this for the past few months. How could such important news suddenly come? There is only one possibility, and that is that Consort Lian's identity has been exposed. Li Wei Yang intentionally sent me false information through her, in an attempt to lure me into a trap. Hmph, this woman is really cunning." In fact, the Emperor's order had been issued so he had to go. In addition, he had prepared in advance and was surrounded by elite first-class masters. There was no need to worry about the other party's ambush. He didn't believe that Tuoba Yu and Li Wei Yang could do anything to him this time.

After Tuoba Zhen left, everyone's carriages drove down the mountain. Tuoba Yu stayed behind, riding his horse beside Li Wei Yang's carriage as if nothing had happened, and whispered: "He indeed went to Shizi Ridge."

Li Wei Yang smiled slightly and said: "His personality is that he is suspicious and rarely trusts others. Consort Lian has never given him useful information. Now, he will naturally think to deeply about it and assume that I am borrowing Consort Lian's hand to intentionally reveal it to him, so he will definitely do the opposite."

There was a hint of coldness in Tuoba Yu's smile, and he said, "I wonder if the princess is planning to watch Tuoba Zhen's outcome?"

Li Wei Yang said thoughtfully: "Yes, how can I rest assured if I don't see him with my own eyes?"

Tuoba Zhen had already walked more than ten miles of mountain road with his hundreds of cavalry guards. He saw patches of green pines surrounded by a few faint red plum blossoms adorning the ground. The snow in the past few days was not heavy, and began to melt as soon as the sun shined. A few hundred meters further through this pine forest is Shizi Ridge.

Tuoba Zhen took the lead as they gradually walked up a mountain road. The terrain became more and more rugged as they ascended and everyone had to be careful to pull the horse's reins and let the horse run as fast as possible. slow. After struggling uphill for seven or eight miles, they discovered that the mountain road they walked along was like a tall round cup upside down on the mountain peak. From the neck to the summit, the cliffs were like sharp blades. The mountain road was very steep, and could only accommodate two mounts at most. Next to it was a very steep cliff that was connected to another mountain range at the front and in the middle was a deep gorge that was several feet wide, and so dark that there seemed to be no bottom.

Seeing this scene, Tuoba Zhen clearly had an understanding of the trecherous terrain surrounding Shizi Ridge, but he still felt a little uneasy. It was like the natural instinct of a wild beast towards danger. He subconsciously looked back and saw a vague feeling of uneasiness on everyone's face. In that split-second, he suddenly thought, if Li Wei Yang was playing tricks on him, had he overthought and been fooled by the other party?